Chapter 8

"Babe, let's go to Denny's!" Flynn shouted, "I know that their shitty pancakes always cheer you up!"

I put my head in my hands and said "No, Just take me home."

After getting out of the complex parking lot I had been very emotional and almost got into a crash. Flynn had managed to calm me down and he started driving instead.

"Come on." He said, "This was supposed to be the best night of our lives, we are not ending it like this."

I sighed then thought about how happy I had been when I ate the stupid little kid's pancake meal. The little smily face made me so happy. It reminded me of when my mom and dad would take Flynn and I there when we were kids, I always got that and so did Flynn until he was an adult. Now he gets the adult pancake meal.

"Okay," I said sniffing, "Take me to Denny's."

"That's it Fae! Trust me this will definitely make you feel better " He said as he gently pat my back, "I am here for you."

We got to the Denny's and walked in. The smell of the restaurant made me feel a little better. The smell of cleaner and assorted food made me feel nostalgic.

A waiter who looked like she could be our mom greeted us and then seated us at a booth by the window.

She got us everything we needed then Flynn said his order and I said mine.

"Wow, You two must really eat here a lot." She said, "Most people need more time than that."

"You are correct," Flynn said, "We come here a lot and we have been coming since we were kids."

She nodded and laughed then walked away. I was about to say something to Flynn when suddenly I heard Chris's laugh. Shit i forgot about dennys of course they would come here My heart dropped to the floor, They were here.

"What!" I said quietly as I leaned my head out into the isle to look in the direction of where the laugh had come from. I was praying that I was just hearing things after all of the night's ordeals.

Sure enough I saw Chris sitting there laughing and smiling with his brothers,nate and madi.

"No!" I said as I pulled my head back into the booth but I was too late, Chris saw me.

"Hey! There is no fucking way!" He said, "Fae! What are you doing here?"

Flynn leaned over too and laughed "Hey, look who we have here."

"FLYNN!" I whisper shouted.

"He is cute and has a great taste in restaurants?" Nick said as he looked at Flynn, "Come sit with us!"

Flynn looked at me and I wanted to get up and leave but he leaned over the table and said "Look, I know that things are awkward but, Nick and I...There is something there."

"What?" I asked.

He nodded and said "Please just for a little bit. Then I will take you home and we can eat ice cream for breakfast lunch and dinner and cry over romance movies wishing that was us, I promise. Please Fae."

I looked into his eyes and suddenly felt bad that I had been so selfish and unaware of Flynn and his feelings. I had ripped him away from his conversation with Nick and now I was wanting to make him leave again.

I sighed then looked back at them, They were also bent into their booth talking and whispering to one another. I sighed then said "Okay, For you. Flynn."

He smiled and hugged me across the table and said "You are the best damn sister that anyone could ask for."

I nodded and said "Thanks, Now go get him tiger."

He chuckled a little and then jumped up and walked over to the booth and sat by Nick. I slowly walked to them and looked away when I saw Matt again. They were sitting in a four seated booth.