Chapter 9

"Nate madi this is fae and her brother flynn they are our new friends Uh, well fuck." Chris said as he looked at the full booth, "We could move to a bigger booth..."

"I will go sit with her in the booth on the other side!" Matt said as he pushed at Chris to get up so that he could get out.

I wanted to say no but, something stopped me. Maybe it was Flynn looking at me with his "Don't look at me, Go!" look but, I didn't protest. I just looked at him as Chris let him out and lead me over to the next booth. I shivered at his touch, I was sad that a touch that had just been comforting and safe was now making me so sad.

He gestured for me to sit and I did, he sat in the bench in front of me. I sighed as I brushed a piece of my blonde hair out of my face. I started at the table and started to draw circles with my finger on my thigh.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "I'm sorry." He said.

"What?" I asked,

"Well, you didn't deserve what was said to you and we both know that they are not going to apologize so, I'm going to do it for them because you deserve an apology. I just..." He said but paused to think, "I just feel like..."

Suddenly the waitress stopped at our table and started asking us about how the checks were going to be split.

"Oh don't worry about it," Nick said, "We've got it."

"Oh yeah, Don't split it." Flynn said, "I've got it."

Then Nick and Flynn started fighting over who was going to pay the check. Chris was shaking his head and then started trying to talk to Nick.

 I smiled and then said to the waitress who seemed to be overwhelmed by all of the arguing, "It's okay, Just put it all on one and they will figure it out."

She smiled and said "Gotcha." Then she walked away.

I looked to Matt and he looked back at me with his dazzling blue eyes. I felt my cheeks start to flush and smiled awkwardly. Matt smiled back and grabbed my hand that was on the table.

"Fae, I wanna tell you something." He said,

"What?" I asked feeling myself shaking,

"I don't give a shit about what any of those other girls say or think about you or me. You know that is one thing that being a content creator will teach you." He said, "I feel something for you and I don't want to let it go."

"Matt..." I said, "You and I are just so different. You live on the other side of the states, I live here. You have your career and brothers to think about i dont want to get in the way of that I am not that kind of person. I...I don't know I don't think I'm equipped for your world."

"Don't you get it? I am in your world, I'm just me Matt regular old matt. People put Nick, Chris, and I on a fucking pedestal and we hate it! I fucking hate it!" He said, "I wanna try this. I want YOU to be my world."

I was speechless, he had just met me and it was just crazy. He wanted to try talking to me and I was just me, Just Fae Allred, just some girl at the tour.

"I dont understand why you would go through all this trouble for me?" I said,

He smiled and looked me in the eyes, "You connected with a whole crowd of people without even trying, did you see the way they cheered you on? And with you on stage, I dont know if you saw, but, i was at the top of my game and knowing you were by my side I was more comfortable than i have ever been at an event. Those other girls are just some stupid fans and are just jealous of you. They get jealous at every girl I talk to but, especially you because you are so incredible and amazing." He said, "I know but from the moment that I first saw you I was captivated by you."

"You were like a ray of sunshine in a endless wasteland, Not that I was unhappy before but you just made my world a little brighter." He said, "I don't believe in love at first sight but, I think that you just changed that."

"Really?" I asked suddenly realizing that I was crying again only this time, they were happy tears.

"Yes." He said, "With every fiber of my being."

I nodded and then used the hand that he wasn't holding to wipe away my tears.

"So, could we try this again?" He asked, "Can we get to know each other?"

I covered my mouth and nodded. He smiled then quickly got up and sat next to me. I fell into him and he gently put an arm around me. I wasn't sure how this was going to work out but, somehow it felt like it was meant to be. I prayed in the back of my mind that this would somehow work out.