Ch. 13 The Finals Game

I was nervous just like the rest of the team. My heart beating fast every single time I took a new step. Terrified of what's to come, were we going to win? Or were we going to leave as sore losers? Many questions were flowing through my mind all at once, I almost couldn't comprehend till I felt the warm calm hand of Jase Anderson.

"You looked stressed princess." Joked Jase, I tried to calm my nerves, he seemed to realize how stressed I was.

"Hey, Alessandra having nerves just means you care about the sport and want to do good. It's okay just breathe." Jase reinsured me, I felt a bit better with his help, he knew how to calm me down in times when I needed it.

"I guess, what if we lose?" I asked expecting the worse, Jase just simply sighed and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Alessandra, we'll be fine, you'll be fine." Jase promised me, I couldn't help but smile at the tall blonde boy.

"You better be right." I joked, we got into the dressing room, I left the boys to their business in their locker room as I went to my own little room to get ready.

"You'll be Alessandra, you'll do great things in this." I gave myself a pep talk in the locker room before I went out onto the ice for warm ups. My sweaty palms gripped my stick holding the puck on the tape, I drew my stick back and quickly released it, Ashton who was in the net was quick to blocked my shot. I let out breath I didn't know I was holding in all this time.

"Good try Alessandra!" Called Ashton, I nodded my head in acknowledgment, I was overwhelmed and most of all overthinking. Were we going to win? Or fail miserably and everyone hate us for the rest of our lives and careers.

"1 minute to puck drop!" Yelled one of the refs, hearing that didn't help my overthinking one bit. C'mon Alessandra I am a badass young woman who will succeed and survive this day I thought to myself.

"Bring it in guys!" Screamed our coach from the benches, we all skated over to Team Canada's bench, Coach Smith could see and tell how nervous we were.

"Guys... and girl, we are Team Canada, hockey is Canada's sport! We are an amazing team, and still undefeated." Coach Smith spoke like a true head coach, he finally had a good pep talk for us has he been practicing? I asked myself, I took a deep breath in and out.

"Time for puck drop!" Shouted a ref, this was real, we HAD to win or we would lose. Coach Smith told us positions, Jase was taking face off, I was on the bench watching nervously. A guy I knew more about came down to sit by me, Luke Bedard.

"Hey." The brown eyed boy tried to strike up a conversation, I gave him a simple nod of acknowledgement.

"Why do you dislike me so much?" Asked Luke, I rolled my eyes, by now I thought it would be well known by most of the guys that... me and Jase were somewhat of a thing. "Is it my kissing skills?" Questioned Luke, my head shot around as I looked at him weirdly, I wanted to scream 'what?!' So loud.

"What?" I asked flabbergasted, Luke had an cocky smirk on his face to which I replied with the roll of my eyes. I knew how to make Luke Bedard leave me alone

"Yeah it was." I answered, Luke's head turned around so fast I could feel wind as it shocked me.

"What?!" He whisper yelled, I fought the urge to laugh right in his face.

"It was like kissing a fish." I finished my observation of making Luke Bedard never want to talk to me again. Soon Jase came on as I went on.

***

I was taking face off against Team USA. I was nervous, my hands were sweaty, everything felt like it was a dream, then came back to real life when the puck left the refs hands, I quickly stole it, I passed it down to Quinn Mauney who passed it to a Dallas brother. My shift was almost over, I turned my head over to the bench I saw Alessandra and Luke talking to each other, but seeming to be like a little bit more intimate then I thought.

"Hands off Bedard." I whispered to myself, I felt myself getting angry, but I hate Alessandra I shouldn't be feeling angry, am I jealous? I asked myself, I quickly shook my head. No no get these stupid thoughts out of my head, that isn't true.

"Your done for Bedard." Why was I so angry? I had no idea but I needed to stop this whole situation, Quinn Mauney went to the bench as well as I, Alessandra went onto the ice another centre went onto the ice instead of Bedard what a coincidence.

"What were you and Alessandra talking about?" I curiously asked, Bedard didn't seem too pleased nor interested in the conversation I was staring.

"Nothing." He coldly brushed it off, I giggled a little Luke rolled his eyes. "Are you sure?" I asked again, I wanted to know, I had no idea why I was so urgent to know.

"If you want to know that bad ask that question to your friend Alessandra." Like responded quickly before he ran out onto the ice, this wasn't the end of our conversation.

***

I was working my ass off on the ice the score being 2-1 we were winning for now. I lost my track of thought when I looked over to Jase speaking to a very annoyed and frustrated Luke, oh shit I thought to myself Jase couldn't be talking about anything good. I quickly turned my mind back to the game.

"And it seems that it is the end of the first period" the announcer anxiously spoke, this game was either going to go really good or... well I didn't want to think about that.

SO SORRY I HAVENT BEEN POSTING, I honestly haven't had ideas and this book is too rushed and I one day may rewrite it later. Have a good day y'all!!!