Ch. 15 The Canadian Miracle

I scoffed getting out of the box and into the dressing room. I was one of the last people to walk back.

"Well, well, well fancy meeting you here." I turned around to see a smiling blonde haired boy, Jase Anderson.

"It's a pleasure meeting you honestly sir." I said in a fake British accent Jase laughed, I missed having these moments with him. It's been a long time since it have been only us hanging out.

"I saw how angry you were back there princess." Commented Jase, I rolled my eyes when he said that stupid pet name 'princess' it annoyed me so much.

"I'm not your princess." I said right back, Jase simply laughed, by then we had entered the dressing room.

"Alessandra, you can't let these boys get to you, your lucky you only got a minor penalty." Scolded Coach Smith, I just nodded my head not wanting to make him more angry.

"We have to keep our foot on the gas and not let these bastards breathe!" By now Coach Smith was shouting and not even realizing it.

"Coach Smith we got this, they play like pussy's." Reinsurance from Jake Kim, Coach Smith nodded his head letting out a long and deep sigh.

"Kick their asses is all I will say." Commented Coach Smith, we all had a good laugh before heading back out for the third period.

"Here comes Team Canada coming down the tunnel back out onto the ice!" The crowd roared with excitement, I was on the bench waiting ever so anxiously.

***

I was nervous coming out onto the ice. I looked over to the bench to see Alessandra it felt like all my anxiety washed away.

"And Team USA skating out to the ice," the crowd roared. I skated up to centre ice it was the guy Alessandra smashed into the boards earlier.

"Seems like you got your girlfriend under control." The boy laughed, I heard the wingers giggle a little.

"I should have let her kick you in your little man balls." I shot back as the puck came down, I quickly without thinking bodychecked the boy so one oft wingers could come in and take it.

"Jackass!" Shouted the stupid boy, I laughed following my wingers into the Americans zone.

***

I watched in amazement at Jase taking down one of American players. Jase was flying down the ice like he was some of the best players to play the game of hockey.

"Jackass!" I heard the American player scream, I couldn't hold my laugh in any longer. I looked at the time on the clock, 10 minutes left in the game even though we were winning I felt the palms of my hands get sweaty.

"C'mon now Jase." I whispered to myself, my hands clenched into a fist.

"Jase Anderson is approaching the Americans net at high speeds." Jase took a chance... a risk some might say is, Jase stopped suddenly when the Americans goalie wasn't looking he pulled the puck back onto the tape of his stick.

"Well would you look at this, Jase Anderson... he shoots... HE SCORES." I threw myself up into a jump.

"Oh my god!" I screamed at what seemed to be the top of my lungs. Jase came skating over giving each of us a fist bump with that stupid, perfect, beautiful smirk of his.

"You're my lucky charm princess." Jase smoothly said he gave me a quick wink before leaving, I felt my cheeks blush and my heart beat start to pick up. I looked to the clock, 4 minutes and 34 seconds left in the game.

"Russo your in!" Yelled Coach Smith from behind me, I quickly threw myself over the boards and immediately started skating towards the action, there I bodychecked a few guys.

"Who sent this bitch out on the ice?"Questioned one boy from the American team.

"Dude go get her!" Yelled another when I miraculously stole the puck from what seemed to be under their feet.

"Yes Alessandra!" I could hear Coach Smith screaming from the benches. The goalie knew I was coming for him he knew all my tricks and jokes, I passed the puck to one of the Dallas twins when an American player stole it.

"Finally some action from Team USA!" A breakaway quickly I hurried to try and catch the American player,

"Oh shit!" I said to myself frustrated, I knew what was going to happen next.

"HE SCORES!" The American fans went insane yet we were still winning by 1, I looked to the clock 2 minutes and 38 seconds left.

"Anderson get out there!" Yelled Coach Smith from the benches, I could feel Jase's smirk from behind me.

"Gladly." Answered Jase, he skated toward me with the most stupid yet stunning grin on his face.

"Hello there princess." Laughed Jase, he wouldn't give up on that stupid pet name he gave me last year, princess this, princess that.

"God I hate you." I breathed out, Jase laughed his stupid smile never fading.

"Face off in the Canadian zone." It seemed everything else didn't matter, the 2 minutes and 38 seconds left on the clock was the only that mattered at the moment.

"C'mon now Jase." I whispered to myself, Jase skated up ready to take face off.

"Now boys I want a fair rest of this game." Ordered the referee. As soon as the ref dropped the puck Jase trapped the guys stick, I immediately jumped into action to steal the puck. I immediately went behind our net I looked at the clock 1 minute left.

"What to do now?" I questioned myself, I saw Michael and passed it to him. I followed behind Michael and Jase whilst our defensive line stayed behind in our zone.

"Alessandra, here!" Yelled Michael, he passed me the puck, it landed perfectly on the tape of my stick. I saw the perfect opening in the net, I took the chance, then I heard the familiar sound of the horn signifying the end of the game

"ALESSANDRA RUSSO THE CANADIAN MIRACLE HAS WON IT FOR TEAM CANADA!!" The announcers shouted at the top of their lungs, every Team Canada fan went crazy.

"Alessandra you did it!" I heard the sound of the blonde boy voice of Jase Anderson, I turned around to see Jase skate to me.

"You did it princess, I knew you could do it!" He cheered me on, then did something I never in a million years would ever expect him to do in public on national television, he kissed me.

"We did it!" Cheered the rest of the team, they all came rushing out onto the ice like mad men, barely anyone noticed the kiss which I was thankful for.

"Team Canada wins the World Juniors Championship!" They passed the trophy around. First Michael, then Jase, then me.

"Jase Anderson is expected to go first overall pick in the NHL draft." I hugged Jase one last time before we left, I never knew if I was going to see him again.

Hey y'all, sorry if this bad I rushed it to get it out, don't worry y'all still a few more chapters then I am finished this series. LOVE YALL BYEEEE!!!!