Chapter 7 : For Samantha

On 14th of December, 2036. It was a memorable day for both Trisha and Paul. Trisha was immediately rushed to the hospital, as Paul got worried.

Paul was left alone in the hallway, as doctors asked him to stay in the hallway first when they took Trisha inside the hospital room. Paul was a little worried, but suddenly, the doctor told him to go inside right now.

When he went inside, he was surprised to see that their first child was born. Trisha couldn't control her tears when she held him for the first time. The two were overwhelmed with joy as they saw their son for the first time. They immediately went to think of naming their son and after a couple of minutes, Trisha came up with what they think a beautiful name.

Trisha said to him, "His name... is Aaron."

At that moment, Trisha was happy about what was happening in her life. But that changed when one day, after Christmas day, Trisha was playing with her son while Paul was making a snack for the three of them when all of a sudden, Trisha's phone rang. She immediately stood up to get it, which made her curious as she was on vacation.

She answered, "Hello, who is this?"

The man who called her replied, "Is this Doctor Moldova?"

She said, "Yes, this is Doctor Merdova..."

Paul watched her fiancee as she slowly looked shocked at what she heard through the phone. After a few minutes, she hangs up the phone and suddenly sits on the sofa.

Paul got curious and asked, "Who is it?"

Trisha was just staring at the floor as she answered, "It was... Sam's father."

He also asked, "What did he say?"

She looked at the picture frame beside her and replied, "Sam's... dead."

She took the picture frame, which in it was a picture of her, Sam, Ela, and Vin when they were young. Paul immediately hugged her to comfort her. He asked softly, "I'm sorry... w-what happened to her?"

Trisha replied, "It's... lung cancer."

She immediately stood up and looked outside in the window. She starts remembering all of the good and bad memories that she and Sam created. from how they met when they were in high school, to how Sam helped her in getting hired at the university and helping Sam to apply for the most successful company in the country. From how they used to mock bullies at high school, to Sam believing in her and encouraging her to pursue science.

As she remembers it, her tears started rolling down her cheeks. She thinks of going to Europe to pay respects at her funeral, but she has work to do tomorrow. She regretted that her time was getting more and more limited due to her work and now with her growing family, the bond between her friends was getting slimmer. After several minutes, she eventually went down to the workstation in the basement and started to think of something that could commemorate Sam's contribution to her life. She thinks of making a cure.

After the holiday, Trisha went back to her laboratory and started to create her project. Even though she focuses on this personal project, she still finds time for her son and the next project that VISION is currently working on.

One day, Trisha was working late again in her office when all of a sudden, she got sleepy and suddenly fell asleep. Paul noticed that her fiancee wasn't beside her in the middle of the night, so he eventually went up to look for her.

When he went downstairs, he saw Trisha fall asleep while working late at her table. He quietly approached her and whispered, "Trish?"

With just a light tap from his hand, Trisha suddenly woke up, looking surprised, and said, "Oh f— oh... hey. I was finishing this so I can—"