Chapter 3 : The RoboGenetics Corporation

A few days have passed...

Sheila said to Trisha, "Why aren't you checking your email? You haven't read hundreds of it since... you resigned from the university."

Trisha replied, "Don't read my emails. Come, dinner's ready."

Trisha grabbed a bowl full of chicken soup and carefully carried it to the dining table. It was seven o'clock in the evening and Sheila, Ramona, Trisha, and her mother, Christine, were about to have dinner together for the last time before they went back to Massachusetts.

Sheila said to them, "You girls start. I'll catch up with you in a minute."

Trisha replied, "Come on, while your soup is still hot."

Christine added, "Come, dear. By the way, Ramona... I already pack a couple of jars of peanut butter for you."

Ramona answers, "Oh, you shouldn't have. But... thank you, Mrs. Merdova."

Christine said, "Every day you're here, I told you to call me Christy."

Ramona replied, "I know... but it sounds... uncomfortable... calling you in your name."

Sheila immediately said, "Trish, I know I should stop reading your emails but... there's an email for you."

Trisha stopped eating and went to Sheila at the computer table. She asks her, "Who is it from?"

Sheila showed the email and answered, "From the biggest tech company in the world."

Trisha said in whispers, "The RoboGenetics."

Ramona asks, "The RoboGenetics?"

Sheila answers, "Yeah, the one who first introduced the concept of robotics to the world. Great invention, by the way."

Ramona asks Trisha, "What did they want from you?"

Sheila stated, "They said that they have received news that you're looking for a job... and you're welcome to be part of their team."

Trisha reads another snippet of the email, "We, the team, saw your potential in creating advanced technologies and we're opening our resources to help us create a project... that would..."

"...shape the... world." Sheila read as Trisha stopped reading.

Trisha went back to the dining table, and Sheila followed her as well. Christine asks, "What's it all about?"

Trisha answered, "It was... a job offer."

Ramona immediately added, "You know what would be your great inventions?... A.L.E."

Trisha asks, "A.L.E.? Wait, how do you know that thing?"

Sheila replied, "Ramona saw your blueprints in the office."

Ramona immediately said, "Woah. Sheila saw them too."

Trisha added, "Stop!"

Everybody stops and continues eating their dinner. Trisha, on the other hand, was having second thoughts about working again in a big tech company and creating big inventions under that company.

Christine said to her, "Look, I know you're having some second thoughts but... think this through. Thoroughly."

Sheila added, "Yeah... you need to make a decision that you'll choose."

Trisha sighed and slowly said, "Okay..."

====================================

A few months have passed...

After the peaceful trip to Superior, Nebraska, and getting to spend some time with her mother, Trisha went back to Massachusetts and immediately bought a small house in the neighborhood near the city using the money that she received from the Nobel Prize. After that, she spent the remaining of it and bought computers and types of equipment needed for what she thinks is the next great masterpiece.