Chapter 16: Welcome to MC Technologies!

*news intro*

"Good morning, everyone, and welcome back to the most reliable news source on this planet. Let's dive into the trending news this week," said Annica, her voice bright and professional.

"G-NETICS has acquired the tech giant VISION for billions of dollars in a historic merger," said Roberto, his tone serious as he delivered the monumental news.

"Business magnate Camille Palma has expanded her empire by opening another franchise of her famous 'Minis by Camille,' this time in the winter wonderland of Helsinki, Finland. Known for her innovative and eco-friendly designs, this new location promises to be a hit among locals and tourists alike," Annica continued, her voice carrying a note of admiration.

"And in political news, Sir Gerry McCartney has announced his candidacy for the presidency in next year's elections. McCartney, known for his progressive policies and charismatic leadership, is expected to be a strong contender," said Roberto, his eyes shining with interest.

"Now, back to the groundbreaking acquisition. G-NETICS, formerly known as RoboGenetics, has officially taken over VISION. At the recent Technological Advancement Conference, G-NETICS CEO Marcus Cooper revealed the details of the acquisition. Cooper emphasized the synergy between the two companies and hinted at revolutionary innovations on the horizon, thanks to the collaboration with Dr. Merdova," Annica said, leaning slightly towards the camera for emphasis.

"The tech world is buzzing with speculation about the potential outcomes of this merger. VISION, known for its cutting-edge AI and robotics, will bring significant expertise to G-NETICS, which has been a leader in genetic engineering and biotechnology," said Roberto, his voice filled with excitement.

"The deal, reportedly worth several billion dollars, has raised many eyebrows. Industry analysts predict that this merger could lead to a new era in tech advancements, merging AI with genetic engineering to create unprecedented technologies," Annica added, her tone speculative.

"I love how this news is trending as 'The New Era of VISION," said Bea, her eyes glued to the television screen.

"I hope the company is in good hands," said Aaron, his brow furrowed in concern.

"Don't worry, my dears. I ran a thorough background check, covering medical history, criminal records, and more," said Trisha, her voice reassuring.

"Is he clean? No troubled past?" asked Bea, turning to face her mother.

"There's a problem," said Sheila, her tone suddenly serious.

Sheila leaned forward and poured a cup of tea on the coffee table. Trisha, Aaron, Bea, and Sheila were gathered in Trisha's home, enjoying snickerdoodles and tea while catching up on recent events. The news about G-NETICS acquiring VISION played on the television.

"What is it?" asked Bea, her eyes wide with curiosity.

Trisha sighed. "He's the son of Anthony Cooper," she said, her voice tinged with concern.

"Wait, that notorious businessman?" asked Aaron, his eyebrows shooting up.

"Anthony hasn't been active for years since he handed over the company to his son. There are rumors that he's ill and can't walk anymore," said Bea, shaking her head.

"Really?" said Sheila, leaning back in her chair.

"Yeah," said Bea, nodding.

"Maybe he has that... what do you call it?" asked Sheila, searching for the right term.