chap. 𝐕𝐈

「she tastes like liquid luck, feels just like flying too close to the sun.」
liquid luck - gun boi kaz

"what did i just do?!" Aang slid to the ground, burying his head in his hands, probably trying to calm himself down

"i can't believe i yelled at my earthbending teacher...now she's gone."
the boy whined. i crossed my arms, standing next to him.
"honestly, i wanna say you weren't in the right, but i'm in no mood to think about Toph right now." i hiss, still salty about earlier.

Katara walked up to me with a sympathetic face and pat my shoulder comfortingly, "you didn't deserve that but i was also so mean to her..."

"yeah, you two were pretty much jerks."

"thanks, Sokka."

"no problem."

"we need to find Toph and talk this out," the girl offered her hand to pull Aang up.
"you deserve an apology and we owe her one." she nudged my arm with her elbow, trying to motivate me with a hopeful smile.
"suit yourself." i scoffed bitterly.

"ok, but what are we gonna do about the tank full of ladies chasing us??" Sokka, unconvinced, finished his cup of tea and witnessed Aang pull out a tuft of fur from Appa's coat.

"i have a plan."

after giving the bison a thorough wash and seeing his dead fur flow down with the river, we were then sure that it was truly his coat that led a trail right to us.

"so Toph was right..." i sneered and the arrow-head piped up.
"but now that he's clean, no more trail!"

Katara observed the goofy-looking creature with it's wet coat, uncertain,
"are you sure he's ok to fly?"

"he'll been fine if we leave his saddle and all our stuff here." just as he said that, Aang bent down and started throwing clumps of fur that fell on the ground into his bag, "i'm gonna use Appa's fur to make a fake trail and lead the tank off-course."

"we'll go the opposite way then, stay safe." i added before climbing onto the beast's bare back, closely following Sokka while Katara held the reins.

as Aang slowly got smaller, my frown also made itself more and more evident. maybe it was because of the lack of sleep, but i felt unusually annoyed.
unsurprisingly, i wasn't jumping over the moon at the fact that we were looking for Toph.

we searched for her for what felt way too long. although it didn't please me, i also looked into the distance, searching for her, trying to get my mind off my grudge.