CHAPTER 14

JESS

Dim yellow lamp, good food, soothing sound of the guitar and angelic voice of Peter are the vibes in the Lanai area of Grey's house.

After the scandal at the school, Ken and Peter insisted that we should have a bit of an entertainment as a refresher.

Obviously, all of us were not into it. We all disagreed but at the end, to whatever powers these two young men possesses, they won.

Unfortunately it wasn’t a win-win case to the both of them as Halie and Yhana were not here.

Masyadong mahigpit ang mga magulang ng mga sisteret ko at baka wala na silang uwian na bubong kapag ginabi sila ng uwi.

Napagkasunduan nilang ituloy parin ang plano at hindi ako binigyang tyansa na makatanggi.

Isa pa, ako naman ang puno't dulo ng gulo kanina kahit pa hindi nila banggitin iyon alam kong ako talaga. Marapat lang na pagbigyan ko sila kahit sa ganitong paraan.

Ang ideyang ako lang ang mag-iisang prinsesa na kasama ng tatlong lalaki ay nakakapangilabot kaya naman halos mag-lumuhod ako kay Jaysiree na sumama na sa'min dito.

Nagwagi naman ako at heto ang gaga mas nage-enjoy pa kaysa sa'ming apat.

Hawak-hawak niya ang isang baso ng red wine habang umuugoy ang katawan para sabayan ang ritmo ng kanta. She is swaying gracefully.

Her sleeveless lavender dress that was above the knee has super thin shoulder straps and cleavage that made her look very classy. The four inches crystal-like stilettos that was covered of lilac color gave her more confidence. She is stunning.

Patuloy ang pagtugtog ni Ken sa gitara at ang pagkanta ni Peter na tila anghel na bumababa mula sa alapaap.

I am sitting beside Grey. He is doing something on his phone. Magkadikit kami dahil medyo makitid ang inuupuan naming marmol.

“Jess, get it on,” pag-aya ni Jaysiree.

She grabbed another empty wine glass at the table and handed it over to me. I hesitantly accepted the glass.

She is now pouring the red liquid into my glass while still swaying her slender body. She's glimmering.

Halos mapuno ang baso. Manipis na tumawa ang babae saka ibinaba ang bote at tumalikod ulit sa'kin para humarap sa dalawang lalaking lumilikha ng musika.

Grey looked at me. I didn’t pay attention to him.

I started to swirls the glass of wine, smelled it passionately and then gulped the wine.

My body warmed after that gulped. “Whooo,” I almost whispered.

“Shit,” it was him.

“huh?”

“That was like an expert drinker,”  he smiled. “And beautiful. You're beautiful.”

‘yan ba ang term ng lasinggero sakanya? Expert drinker at beautiful?

“Fuck you,” I whispered again and a small laugh came out.

“What!?” Nabigla siya.

“Stop teasing me Grey.”

He beamed at me. “I’m not, anyways…” He straightened his back. “I’m so sorry earlier. I am aware that you don’t want to be associated with any issues. I created a scene and I apologize for that. I'll be more careful next time.”

His lips parted again, “And I will try to apologize to Alexandra. Still, I won't tolerate her to call you names and to be treated bad,” Grey's head bowed slightly. “But just like you forgave me easily to what I did and my friends, I'll push myself to forgive Alexandra as well dahil alam kong ‘yun ang gusto mong mangyari. You're such an angel, Jess. Too good to be here in this cruel world.” He looked at me intently while saying those long reassurance.