Chapter 2 - Cages and Slaves

Family Howlter... What a fucking weird family!
After having dinner with Maya, I started searching on the internet about the Howlter family.
And let me say, that I'm shocked with what I found!

So, Mrs. Howlter, or I should say Christine Howlter is married to Kaiden Howlter since 1985.
They had a son named Christopher, and when I say HAD I mean that they had. He apparently died in 2002, drowned in a bathtub. The police said that that was no more than an accident, there was no evidence of a murder.
3 months after the 'accident' Christine and Kaiden were arrested for 3 years because of some sort of 'drug deals'. I think that they used drugs to forget about their son... And that's actually pretty sad.

I close my laptop, take a bath and then go to sleep. At about 23 pm I actually fell asleep with Mogwai warming up my feet.

~~

I woke up early today, because I forgot to disable the alarm clock.
So I decided to go run for a while. Running always clears up my mind, and since I'm a young woman I need to keep my weight in line.
I put on my running clothes: a tight and short t-shirt that shows up a little bit of my belly, my black shorts and black shoes.
I go jogging for a while in the woods area and then start to sprint a little bit. If we go down the street we can see a forest that looks dense and scary from the outside. But if we go in... The fresh air from the forest enters your lungs and you just want to get lost there, to explore its wonders and mysteries!
That's my favourite place to run.
Running in the wild of the forest, running with no track, running with no purpose, running because I want to, running to forget the bad things that happen in my life, running to forget about who I am!

Well, until I fell against a bush and entering a weird place...

"Auu." Me feet hurt from the running, and I had several cuts in my arms because of the bush.

I looked behind. Apparently I fell down a small cliff, and I couldn't find a way to go back, so I decided to stick around a little bit.

The curiosity killed the cat. But did It really?

There was a house in the middle of a big plain, a big and old victorian house. It was surrounded by trees that made it look really spooky actually.
I heard voices coming from the house. I got closer...

A whipping sound echoed the property "Yes! Hahahaha move that body!" A whip again. But this time louder. "Huh? Dead already? But I wanted to play more!"

My eyes widened, my jaw dropped and I just thought: Alice run! Get the hell out!

But the curiosity spoke loudler and I got courage to enter the house. It was old inside too, with a big staircase that leaded to the 2nd floor.

Some of the windows were broken and the courtains were ripped and dusty.
I tried to climb the stairs up to the second floor. When I put my hand on the wall a compartment opened.
Unbalanced and pick off guard I fell, ending in a dark room.

I placed my hand on a wall looking for a switch. When I finally found it, I clicked it and my jaw dropped.

The place was full of cages, with people inside it.
I placed my hands on top of my mouth and contained a loud scream.
I approached one of the cages and I saw a man, half naked.

"Oh my god. Are you alright?" I tried to touch him to get his attention.

He didn't let me touch him, instead of that, He turned around and said. "Run. Get the hell out before they see you!" I'm shocked. He approached and put his hands on the bars of the cage "Didn't you hear what I said?! Get the hell out!"