Chapter 1

Devion Creek... A peaceful and small neighborhood. Yeah, that's where I live with my roommate Maya and our cat Mogwai.
I currently work at home, since I'm a designer, and this job gives me too much time to spy on my neighbors (I'm not a creep. Okay, maybe just a little...)
New neighbors arrived 2 weeks ago. Someone disappeared. Coincidence?
Let's play Detectives.

~~

I got out of bed and looked at my alarm clock, it's 8:45 am.

I put on my blue robe and left the room. I made some coffee and then went outside to breath some fresh air. *deep sigh*

The smell of flowers and home-made coffee.

I looked down and saw the journal that a boy scout leaves in front of our doorway every single day.

Daily News. How original.

I looked at the first page. Politics... Boring. I turned the page. Politics... BORING. I turned the page again.

Something fell from the journal and hit the ground.
A paper.
But not a publicity paper.
A 'missing' information paper.
I picked it up before it flew away because of the wind.

*Paper Information*

MISSING!
Please, if you see this girl call this number! 938-284-193*
Her name is Sasha Prescott.
She's 18 years old.
She's wearing tight blue jeans, a button-up black shirt and white sneakers! Her hair is blonde and her eyes are a dark green.
The last time she was seen she was playing in her garden, here in Devion Creek. If you have spotted her of have any information about this case contact the police or call: 938-284-193

~~

Odd. Someone in Decion Creek is missing... Sasha Prescott... This name isn't strange to me but I can't remember of seeing her here in the neighborhood.
I shivered. I felt like I was being watched... I looked around.
Mrs. Howlter was sat in her garden, looking at me with an intense look, holding a shovel. She was probably doing some gardening.
I made a awkward smile. She smiled back and waved her arm at me saying 'hi'. I waved my arm too and then entered home.
I fed Mogwai and petted his head softly. Then, I woke up Maya because she needed to go to work.
We had breakfast together.

"Look at this Maya." I gave her the MISSING paper. "Someone disappeared here in Devion Creek."

"That's strange... Wait what?! Sasha Prescott?! She works with me!" Her eyes widened, and then She just stared at the paper sadly.

"I'm sorry Maya... She'll be found soon! You'll see!" I didn't think that. I was just trying to calm her down. It's better to be happy (or at least conforted) with a lie, than sad and broken with the truth.

"I hope so..." She took a sip of her coffee. "Well... I have to go work. Bye Alice." She got up and picked the car keys. She petted Mogwai and then left.

"Bye Maya." I said softly.

I got up and cleaned the dishes. Then I moved on to the my work. I looked at the street from my window. Mrs. Howlter is still looking at my house, at the window I'm looking through. What's up with that woman?! She's probably 50 or so years old. God She's creepy!

I closed the courtains and concentrated in my scketches. Mogwai jumped over my lap and eventually fell asleep there.

The hours flew. It's now 6 pm. Maya is back at 9, so I'll still be by myself.
This case is freaking me out, I decided that I had to investigate it. I was going to find the guilty and then present the clues at the police station.

I'm doing this for Maya.

Someone knocked on the door. "Hang on a second!" I said loudly. I opened the door and saw Mrs. Howlter.

"Hi honey."

"Hi Mrs. Howlter. How can I help you?" I asked, what's she doing here?

"Well, I thought that making some lasagna would make you and your friend fell better after the strange disappearance of that girl... What a shame. She was really beautiful..."

"Did you know her?" I asked. If I want to solve this case I need to drain all the information that I can. "You're only in the neighborhood for 2 weeks."

"A week ago She offered to help me with my flowers..." She gave me the lasagna. "She was a pretty as a flower." She left the doorway.

I went inside and opened the lasagna. I threw it away. I mean, I love lasagna but I don't trust this woman. What if it had poison?
I ran to my room and brought my old camera. Mrs. Howlter's at her garden.
I took a quick and discret photo of her. I grabbed the photo and shaked it so it would dry faster. I grabbed a pushpin and a red pen and then placed the photo on the wall.

"Mrs. Howlter - First suspect."

I left the room and then prepared dinner for me and Maya. I hope that Mrs. Howlter did see me throwing the lasagna away, because, if she's the guilty, I'm screwed.

----------------------
:D
What do you think?
Should I continue?