Chapter : 29

A/N
Dear readers,
Due to some technical problems some of you might not have received the notification for "Chapter : 28". It has been uploaded previously. Hence, if you did not, I'll urge you to please go and have a read before reading this one for better understanding.

Thank you.

Enjoy reading. :)

_______________________________________

The Madman.

It has been years since she last visited Delhi. She very faintly remembers their last visit to this city when she was in class four or something. She and her family came here to attend some relative's wedding ceremony, a relative they later lost touch with. Pihu did not bring a trolley, knowing that she'll leave tomorrow morning and attend office. She has taken way too much leave for a year and truly doesn't want to exploit the goodness of Dashis anymore.

As she walks out of the airport she thinks about the meeting she had with Dashis. She never expected him to react so calmly. It was a true surprise for her. But she is grateful to him nevertheless and a little guilty for judging his personality earlier. As she comes out of the reservation area she finds multiple cars standing at the side of the street. That's when a decent looking middle aged man comes running towards her.

"Ma'am, where would you like to go? I'll drive you. You can decide the fare yourself, I won't turn the meter on. I haven't got a single passenger from the morning." The man keeps saying.

After a long minute of him requesting her, Pihu gives up and smiles at the man.

"Lead me to your car then. And please keep the meter on." She says. The man gives her a wide smile and walks her to his taxi.

She gets inside and gives the man the address as the car starts.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Vulcan, she called Brinda. She has landed and is on her way to the hotel she has booked for tonight." Purnit says.

The man on the other end runs his hand over his face and opens his grey eyes. The bags under his eyes are prominent. The line of sweat on his forehead shows that the air condition is doing nothing to control his inner turmoil. His head full of curl is disheveled.

He disconnects the call without uttering another word and looks at the enlightened phone screen for a few seconds. A smiling face of the woman he wants to stay far, far away from, looks back at him.

"You.. You foolish woman!" He grits through his teeth and goes to his contact list.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Yes ma'am. My daughter is in school and my son is four years old." The driver says while driving.

"That's really nice of you bhaiya. I have seen people making their kids' lives miserable after they lose their mother. That's how the society works nowadays. Who takes care of your son when you are out on the road?" Pihu asks looking outside the window.

"My mother is there. She is aged but I truly have no other options." Says the driver.

Listening to him Pihu starts searching through her bag and after a few seconds a small smile forms on her lips.

"Here." She extends two cards towards the man. The man takes that with his left hand.

"These are two visiting cards. The first one is mine and the second card is of a boarding school run by one of my friends. They take really good care of the kids over there at a very minimal fee. If you ever find it difficult to help any of your kids, call her, she'll help you. You can refer my name, Pihu Bhattacharya, if it's needed." She says with a small smile.