Chapter : 32

The Darkside.

The first beam of sunlight creeps through the glass windows. Arjun snaps his eyes open in alertness and looks beside him. Leo's eyes are closed as it supposed to be and Vulcan's eye are staring outside the window.... as it's supposed to be. Arjun slowly shakes his head in disbelief. This man went through so much pain, so much torture for atleast an entire hour. His eyes should be drooping closed at the very least but he is as awake as the sun itself.

"How are you feeling?" Arjun asks pinching the bridge of his nose. The man doesn't turn his head to look at him.

"Puzzled." His deep voice utters.

"About what?" Arjun inquires.

"About a lot of things." Vulcan answers, still staring outside.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Arjun asks.

"Not now but perhaps later when I get to figure it out myself." He answers, finally turning his face and looking at Arjun. His grey eyes look frenzied, the bags under them are way too visible. His head full of curls are disheveled after running his fingers through them for the umpteenth time. His wrist, the side of his neck has bloodied scratch marks, the blood in them has dried up by now.

Arjun nods in understanding.

"Good morning sirs." A nurse comes out of Pihu's cabin waking Leo up, as the others look at her expectantly.

"Ms. Bhattacharya is awake. You can meet her but one at a time please. And also Mr. Rao is out of danger." The nurse informs and walks inside once again. Arjun looks beside him expecting Vulcan to take the lead but he stands up and walks towards the window. His facial expression is quite similar to those of the grumpy children's, who revolt against their parents.

"Go inside. I know she'll be happier to see you or anyone else who isn't me." He utters fisting his free hand, as the other one stays inside his pant pocket. Arjun shakes his head chuckling to himself.

"Are you sure? Think again." When he doesn't turn around, Arjun walks inside the cabin.

"Vulcan, as you heard the man is out of danger. His family members have arrived." Leo informs walking upto Vulcan.

"Is he conscious? Awake enough to speak?" Vulcan asks, narrowing his eyes.

"That will need a few more hours for him." Leo answers.

"Hmm, let me know when he is ready." He orders.

"Yes boss." Leo answers. With his eyes determined Vulcan keeps looking outside.

¤¤¤¤¤

The beeping sound in the cabin is a common occurrence for Arjun but Pihu being the patient is where everything changes. He takes a deep breath before entering inside. The room is too white to the eyes and smells of chemicals mostly. Weirdly this smell comforts him in the other scenarios but here it only increases his palpitations.

Before he could utter anything a hoarse voice draws his attention.

"Hey." He looks at her. She is lying on a bed that is covered with a boring coffee coloured bed sheet and matching pillow. A white bandage is wrapped around her forehead. The corner of her lip has received some medical attention but not enough to cover the bruises. Her eyes are swollen and her left leg has a white cast around it and is slightly elevated with the help of cast sling.

He instinctively clenches his jaw. Surprisingly he has never been an angry person but this can make anyone lose their shit.

She smiles at him and his heart breaks into thousand pieces. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.