Chapter : 15

Obedient.

It's almost lunch time but the clouds still keep moving down the mountain in snail speed. Someone who is new here might enjoy this view, the gloomy, ice cold atmosphere, but it only depresses Vulcan. He craves for warmth, for happiness. He craves to be touched. But he knows he can't have any of these. The very few times he comes back to his original self, he regrets his doings. He feels like dying.

He wants the nightmares back, it was better that way, at least he wasn't roaming around the world like an unleashed animal. The pain, the tiredness kept him occupied. But the very day he found her, the nightmares lessened. From the last few days he hasn't dreamt of Mrinal for once and it's playing with his mind. He was used to with the pain, but he was also used to with her smell, her presence. It's sick he knows but he wants to see her obsidian eyes once again, the ones that always looked back at his with so much affection, so much warmth. He missed that affection, he would do near about anything to get that back, even if that meant dealing with the earth shattering pain once again.

A familiar knock on the door brings him out of his chain of thoughts as he slowly turns his face to the door from the glass window.

"Come in Leo." He utters.

The silky dirty blonde head appears from behind the door as he moves inside with the trolley of food.

"Afternoon, Vulcan." He greets with a small smile on his face. Although he seems extremely nervous, because he just met the guests downstairs, to say he had a heart attack right there would  be trivializing the situation.

"Afternoon." Vulcan nods and looks down at the trolley. He has been having his meals inside his room from the very day he arrived here. There is this discomfort that keeps bothering him thinking about the slightest chance of someone trying to touch or interact with him if he goes down to eat with them. They did offer him alternatives, they even wanted him to seat at the very end of the long dinning table, far away from them, where they won't really be able to touch him but he still couldn't make up his mind.

"Did you enjoy your small trip with Purnit around my hometown?" He asks still looking at the trolley.

"It was refreshing, to be honest. Your hometown is beautiful, boss." Leo explains genuinely.

"Happy to hear that." Vulcan utters turning back to the window, silently announcing he is done socializing for today.

"Thank you, boss. I'll take my leave then. Purnit is already downstairs with the guests." He says hesitantly turning around.

"Are they still here?" Vulcan's voice stops Leo on his track and he slowly turns around.

"Um, Yes Vulcan. They are just getting ready to have their lunch." He utters. Silence greets him in response. After a few seconds the voice booms again.

"Take the food downstairs. Tell Pratima ji to set my chair at the farthest corner of the table. I'll have my lunch there."

Leo widens his eyes. If it was any other time he would've been the happiest person ever but now he feels nervous all of sudden. However he doesn't waste time.

"Yes, Vulcan." He utters and leaves the room.

¤¤¤¤¤

Pihu sees how the entire house suddenly gets extremely busy. Apparently, Vulcan has decided to eat downstairs with them. She would've felt weird about it if Teressa didn't give her the information that he practically didn't talk to them since he arrived back, let alone eat with them. Every information she gets surprises her even more than the previous one. Has he changed this much? She got the information that Vulcan has not been talking to anyone, he didn't even acknowledge anyone's presence apart from Pratima Ji and Ritwik's.