𝐗𝐈

·˚ ༘

────────────────────────────────────────

November 3rd 2018

ZAHRA NICHOLS

"Hi, reservation under Nichols, party of eight," I said to the hostess at the stand. She nodded with a welcoming smile and called over a waiter, who led us through the bustling restaurant toward our table. The doors to our private room opened onto a stunning balcony, offering us an  view of the sea and the boat docks below. 

We all settled in, and we took our seats around the beautifully set table. The waiter distributed lunch menus, and we took our time perusing the options. Before we knew it, the table was brimming with a variety of mouthwatering dishes. Colorful assortments of salads, platters of grilled meats and seafood, flavorful rice dishes, and a selection of refreshing drinks. The scent of the food filled the air, mingling with the sea breeze.

"Let's toast to this one; it's a nice thing we've got going on here," Thomas cheered, raising his glass. We all followed suit, lifting our glasses in a celebratory toast.

"It's like a little family vacation! We even got that classic awkward group picture," Charles joked.

"One hell of a family!" Emmy laughed, taking a sip of her drink. "Zahra and Charles as mom and dad, with three whiteass European sons and the American, Mexican, and Korean daughters." It had us all laughing.

As we ate and enjoyed our lunch, small talk flowed naturally around the table."Where are you guys headed off to tonight?" Rory asked, turning her attention to the guys.

"I wish we knew, Spencer won't tell us," Beckham chuckled, gesturing towards Spencer with a playful look. The guys exchanged knowing glances with each other, clearly sharing a secret.

"We've got something up our sleeves," Charles added mysteriously, winking at the rest of us.

Amara leaned in, intrigued. "Well, don't take too long to fill us in! What if you get lost in Brazil?" she teased. "Don't worry, we'll be back in one piece," Spencer promised.

We gathered our things and split into two separate cars, heading to the villa where we would be staying for the week. The villa was a stunning sight as we pulled up. It was nestled along the coast, surrounded by greenery and a view of the sea. Tropical plants and palm trees lined up creating a pathway to the villa.

We grabbed our belongings and made our way inside the villa, and it was absolutely stunning. The main living room, dining room, and kitchen were seamlessly integrated into one large, open-concept space. Floor-to-ceiling windows allowed natural light to flood in, and a massive sliding door that spanned an entire wall led us out to the inviting pool area.

"Okay, room assignments!" Thomas announced, gathering our attention. "Amara, Rory, and Emmy will share the connecting rooms on the left side of the second floor, while Spencer, Beckham, and I have the rooms on the right. Zahra and Charles have the master suite—it's the furthest room from the stairs."

"Oh!" Charles and I exclaimed in unison, both of us surprised by the arrangement.

Thomas paused, sensing our hesitation. "Oh, wait, do you guys not want to share?" he asked, looking a bit unsure. Charles and I exchanged glances, momentarily speechless. "Well—" Charles started, trying to find the right words.