𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

·˚ ༘

────────────────────────────────────────

Present Day, April 16th 2047

INTERVIEWER: I thought we agreed that this was a tell-all. I know for a fact there's something you're not telling me.

CHARLES: I've told you all you need to know about my career.

INTERVIEWER: I think you and I both know that's not what I'm here for. Here's a list of people I plan to speak to.

CHARLES: Looks at the list, then stares blankly  Fine. Throughout the 2024 season, I fell for Zahra Nichols.

INTERVIEWER: Great, let's start from there. Tell me everything.

CHARLES: Takes a deep breath It all started when I got injured. I had to take some time off from racing, and Zahra was assigned to cover my recovery. She'd come by for interviews, check on my progress, report back to the team and the fans. But there was something about her... Pauses, searching for the right words something different.

INTERVIEWER: Different how?

CHARLES: She always pushed me to do better, to not give up. We started spending more time together. It wasn't just about the interviews anymore. We'd have these long conversations about life, our dreams, our fears. I found myself looking forward to her visits more and more.

INTERVIEWER: So, when did it turn into something more than just professional?

CHARLES: Smiles faintly It was never just about the interviews. There was a night when we were both exhausted, and she stayed late, and we ordered food. We were left alone, and started talking, about everything. One thing led to another... 

INTERVIEWER: And that's when the affair started?

CHARLES: Nods Yes, that's when it started. At first, it was amazing. It felt like we were the only two people in the world. But it wasn't easy. We both knew what we were doing was risky. She had her career, and I had mine.

INTERVIEWER: How did you manage to keep it a secret?

CHARLES: Chuckles We got good at sneaking around. We'd meet in places where no one would recognize us, use burner phones, that sort of thing. 

INTERVIEWER: What did you feel for her?

CHARLES: His eyes soften, and smiles I loved her. I still... I loved her. She made me feel alive in a way I hadn't felt in a long time.

INTERVIEWER: It sounds like she meant a lot to you.

CHARLES: She did. More than I ever let on. But it wasn't meant to last. 

August 20th 2024

CHARLES LECLERC

I woke up with a stiff neck and an ache in my back, the hard hotel room floor doing no favors for my body. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, before the events of the previous night came flooding back. 

Zahra stirred on the bed, her eyes fluttering open. She stretched and then froze, her gaze locking onto me. "Why did you choose to sleep on the floor?" she asked.