𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

·˚ ༘

────────────────────────────────────────

May 1st 2023

ZAHRA NICHOLS

The humid Miami air hit me as soon as I stepped off the plane. It was a welcome change from Baku, and I couldn't wait to explore the city. My phone buzzed with notifications, reminding me of the growing following I had built on social media. It was surreal, but I loved every moment of it. Today, I had a special task: find the perfect dress for a charity event I was invited to.

Over the years, I've sort of built a following on social media. My friends often mock me saying I'd become one of those tone-deaf influencers, which I swear I'm not. At least I'm trying not to be. I've documented my career journey as a journalist ever since I was still in college. I guess people find me interesting. I get my perks, PR packages, brand deals, and occasionally, I'd be invited to events like these.

After checking into the hotel, I met up with Alma in the lobby. She was already scrolling through her phone, looking up the best boutiques in Miami.

"Ready for some shopping?" she asked, her eyes full of excitement.

"Absolutely," I replied, grinning. "Let's find something that will turn heads."

Keir couldn't be less interested in the thought of taking me shopping, but Alma was down for it, so she agreed to help me find a dress, and I'd take us out to eat in exchange. Our first stop was a high-end boutique in the Design District. The shop was sleek and modern, with rows of dresses lining the walls. I immediately felt like a kid in a candy store.

"Okay, let's start with these," Alma said, pulling out a few dresses and handing them to me. "Try them on, and let's see what works."

The first dress was a stunning red gown that hugged my curves in all the right places. I stepped out of the fitting room, and Alma's eyes widened.

"Zahra! That dress is amazing, you look so good," she said, clapping her hands together. "But maybe not for a charity event. Let's keep looking."

Next, I tried on an emerald green dress with a plunging neckline. It was elegant, but still had a bit of edge to it.

"This one is nice, but I feel like we can do better," I said, examining myself in the mirror.

Alma nodded in agreement. "Agreed. We need something that screams 'Zahra Nichols.'"

After several more attempts, I finally found it. A stunning black mini dress with a sleeveless design and a playful balloon skirt. The fabric shimmered subtly under the boutique's lighting, giving it a luxurious yet airy feel. It was the perfect blend of elegance and fun, exactly what I wanted.

"Wow," Alma whispered as I stepped out. "That is the one. You look incredible."

I twirled in front of the mirror, feeling the fabric flow around me. "I think you're right. This is perfect."

With the dress secured, Alma and I headed to a nearby café for a quick bite. The air inside was cool and smelled of freshly brewed coffee and pastries. We found a cozy corner by the window, where the sunlight streamed in.

As we sipped our iced coffees, Alma leaned back in her chair. "So, this charity event," she began, her tone light, "what's it for?"

"It's for a really good cause," I explained, stirring my drink. "They're raising funds for children's education programs in underprivileged areas. And from what I've heard, there will be some pretty interesting people there."