𝐗𝐋𝐈

·˚ ༘

────────────────────────────────────────

December 19th 2023

ZAHRA NICHOLS

I sat on Amara's bed at her house, holding her as she cried into my shoulder. Her fiancé, the one she had planned her future with, had cheated on her. It had been a week since she found out, and the pain was still raw. He had moved out of the state, leaving her alone and heartbroken.

"I give up," Amara sobbed. "I can't go back to med school next semester. I just can't. I need a break."

I rubbed her back soothingly, trying to think of something, anything, to make her feel better. "It's okay, Amara. Taking a break is fine. You need time to heal, it's totally normal to feel this way."

"But what am I supposed to do?" she asked, her voice breaking. "I don't have a job. I can't just sit around doing nothing."

I thought for a moment, then an idea struck me. "I might be able to do something about that," I said, and as soon as Amara was done crying, I contacted some people to help me with this.

December 25th 2023

ZAHRA NICHOLS

Christmas morning was a blur of wrapping paper and laughter, but the real surprise came when I showed up at Amara's place later that day. She looked a little better, but the sadness was still there.

"Merry Christmas," I said, handing her a small box.

She opened it, her brow furrowing in confusion as she pulled out a piece of paper. "What's this?"

"Your second present," I said with a smile. "It's a list of job offers. As a medic. Some F1 teams are looking for medics, and the qualifications you need are basically just first aid training. If there's any other qualifications, it's all listed on there, probably just a few training courses. Try it out."

Her eyes widened, and for the first time in days, she smiled. "Zahra, are you serious?"

"Absolutely. You'd be amazing at it. And it might be exactly what you need right now."

January 8th 2024

ZAHRA NICHOLS

Back at the office, I was trying to get some work done, but Keir was being his usual annoying self, hovering around my desk and making jokes. 

"You're really in the zone today, Zahra," he teased, leaning over my shoulder to look at my screen. "What's got you so focused? Writing love letters to Charles?"

I shot him a glare. "Very funny, Walsh. Some of us actually have work to do."

He smirked, clearly enjoying himself. "Come on, Zahra, lighten up a bit. It's not like the world will end if you take a five-minute break. Besides, you can't still be hung up on Charles, right?"

"Keir, can you give me a break? I've got a ton of work to catch up on," I said, pushing his arm away gently.

He chuckled. "Alright, alright. Just trying to inject some fun into your day,"