𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 16

The Turning Point

DAMIEN RYDER

"He has recovered his consciousness, Sir," my left-hand man reported, a wave of relief washing over me at the news of Julianna's father's improved condition. I leaned back in my chair, processing the information. "Thank you, that's a relief. I should inform Julianna about this development," I thought to myself, feeling a sense of duty to keep her informed and reassure her of her father's well-being.

A sudden knock interrupted the silence, drawing my attention to the door. It was Stella, her presence unexpected but not unwelcome. As she entered, I couldn't help but notice her attire—a very sexy night crop top and net leggings that accentuated her curves. Despite her attempts to seduce me, I remained unaffected, my mind preoccupied with other matters. "Goodnight," I said, giving her a knowing wink as I closed the door behind her, signaling the end of any romantic notions.

The next morning, restlessness consumed me as thoughts of the day's challenges swirled in my mind. Despite the warm glow of sunlight streaming into my room, my mind remained focused on the tasks ahead, especially the need to inform Julianna about her father's situation.

As I got out of bed, my mind raced with a new idea. Perhaps I should release Julianna's father and inform his family that he was attending to urgent matters.

This would ease their worries and possibly earn me some goodwill. Later that morning, I found myself at the dining room table with the ladies, except for Julianna, who was noticeably absent. I informed them that I had important matters to attend to and wouldn't be joining them. Despite my absence, I gave them permission to invite friends over, which seemed to lift their spirits.

Upon meeting with my supervisor, he insisted that I continue with my previous project topic. I was taken aback, having already shifted my focus and efforts to the new topic. Despite my frustration, I recognized the pressing deadline and agreed to stick with the old topic.As I drove home, my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of the project and the unexpected turn of events. Just then, an unknown number flashed on my phone screen—it was my father. "Where is he?" came my father's frustrated voice through the phone. "Who?" I replied, fully aware of whom he was referring to. "You'll regret your compassion," my Dad retorted before abruptly hanging up. Despite his threatening words, I refused to let them weaken me. I knew I would soon release Julianna's father, but I needed to ensure his gunshot wound had healed first, to prevent any potential threat against me.

Returning home, I was met with a scene of utter chaos. Sounds of laughter and chatter filled the air, growing louder as I approached the door. Opening it, I was greeted by a lively sight—balloons bobbing in the air, tables adorned with food and drinks, and ladies dancing and taking pictures throughout the house.

As I stepped inside, the ladies noticed me, their expressions ranging from shock to disbelief. Some stared at me as if they had seen a ghost, while others seemed unable to comprehend that they were actually in the renowned DAMIEN RYDER's home. Among them, Julianna's expression stood out. It was a mix of emotions, too complex for me to decipher.

"OMG!" I exclaimed as the ladies rushed towards me, eager to greet me. Feeling overwhelmed, I quickly retreated back outside and locked the door behind me, hoping to escape the chaos that had erupted in my own home. "Sir, you'll have to stay outside for a while and let me handle them," my left-hand man said, trying to calm the situation. "In my own house!" I almost cried out in frustration, realizing the extent of the chaos that had unfolded in my absence.