The Book Of Boba Fett: Part 3

Elaine was with Peli, waiting as Mando helped Boba Fett in Mos Espa. Mando had decided it was too risky to keep her around during the scuffle and Peli had become the babysitter.

Currently, the mechanic was teaching the girl to play Sabacc in her office.

"I don't get it." Elaine said putting her cards down.

Peli stammered and put her hands over the girl's cards. "Hey, hey, hey! Don't show me your cards!"

A "whooshing" noise came from outside, gaining the attention of the females. "It's an X-wing." Said Peli. "What's an X-wing doing here? Stay in here." She turned to her droids as she stood. "Lock it up, will you? Hide that. Get rid of that. Go. Go. Leave it over here, okay. Move it over there. Go! You heard me! Quit it!"

She plastered a smile onto her face and walked out to meet the X-wing. "Hello, officer! Hide it!" She hissed to her droids. She chuckled before turning back to the ship. "I filed for my New Republic certification seal just as you were landing. Quite a coincidence if you ask me."

Elaine watched in the window, curious as to what was happening. She'd have to ask Mando what made Peli so nervous. But her confusion was turned to joy when she saw a familiar green creature jump into Peli's arms.

Elaine ran out into the hangar, her face spread in a wide grin. "Grogu!"

The little guy jumped from Peli to her, babbling happily at their reunion.

Peli reeled at the revelation. "Grogu? Whoa! That's a terrible name. Sorry about that, pal. No way am I calling you that." She bent down to reach to two kids, noticing the metal beneath Grogu's shirt. "Something shiny. Well, look at you two, all fancy." She flicked the Mythosaur on Elaine's horn, making it jingle lightly.

"You must be starving." The mechanic said to Grogu. Surely he was, considering he was always hungry. "Bring him some dung worms." She called to her droids.

The astromech beeped in protest, but Peli waved him off. "Oh, keep your dome on. I don't care how big of a rush you're in. Baby's gotta eat."

As Elaine held Grogu, nothing in the galaxy could've wiped the smile of her face. Her brother was back!

~~~~~

Mos Espa was in chaos. Blaster fire rained everywhere, the sounds of screaming filled the air, and people ran every which way in terror. Peli, Elaine, and Grogu sat in a cart driven by a droid, searching for Mando.

Elaine should have been scared, but frankly, she wasn't. After Moff Gideon had taken her away, she didn't get scared as often. Maybe it was because she knew as long as she was with her family she would be okay.

Speaking of family, Mando came running around the corner as fast as he could.

"Mando!" Peli cried. "Ha! We found you! I got a surprise for you."

"Turn around!" Mando yelled over the sounds of battle.

"What?" Peli asked.

"Turn around!"

"Can't hear you!"

Elaine's eyes widened as she saw a large droid with four legs walked their way. Mando fired back at it to no avail. He jumped into the cart just as Peli screamed at her droid, "Turn around!"

"Can't this thing go any faster?!" Mando asked as they drove through the city.

Peli threw a wrench at her droid. "Go faster, you bucket of bolts!"

Despite the eminent danger behind them, Elaine felt a rush of excitement and couldn't help but laugh.

Mando didn't know whether to be proud or concerned at her reaction, but he never got a chance to.