Chapter 4

TW for this chapter it contains mention of torture pls don't read if you are uncomfortable with this

"What the hell are you talking about? Where the hell am I?" She asks, masking the fear in her voice that she knows won't go away.

There's a feeling about this place. It's eerie and desolate. Like she could scream forever and no one would ever hear her.

"Well Miss Beck, we have brought you here today because you shall be the new fist of HYDRA. Congratulations." The man in the suit stands tall watching her with dark eyes and perfectly combed hair. His German accent slithers through the air as if it's poisonous. It seems to Kelsey like the only emotion this man will ever feel is anger.

"Where. The. Hell. Am. I?" She says through gritted teeth. The longer she stays there the more she notices the cuffs digging into her skin; they're far too tight.

"We told you. HYDRA. You are the perfect candidate for what we do here." Miss Zola says. Kelsey hates this woman. Fuck. Why didn't she just stay in the house? Now she's here.

"I know exactly what you do and I am not doing ANYTHING for you bitches." She snaps back, unable to hold her anger back any longer.

"She's got quite the mouth on her doesn't she Miss Zola? Perhaps we should start sooner than we thought... don't you agree Arnim?"

"Oh.. um, yes ma'am." The short man in a lab coat finally speaks up. His glasses are round and make him look more nerdy than he already would look.

"What the fuck are you going to do?" She can't hide her fear anymore. It's real. This isn't a dream. She's scared. She's scared like a child and she can't stop that.

"She's all yours Arnim." Miss Zola leaves. Her absence makes the room less tense. But that doesn't stop the other two from making her feel small.

"Please take her to the lab." Arnim says. His Swiss accent smoother than Miss Zola's.

The man in the uniform stomps over to her making her shake. Her hands won't stop. Her mind spins and she comes up with the most rational thing she can think of. Rational is probably not the right word. The quickest plan she can think of.

As soon as she is uncuffed from the wall she kicks the guard with all her strength, sending him backwards a little but nothing more than a stumble. He charges towards her, holding a baton of some sort. The baton makes contact with her head making her fall to the floor, barely conscious. She tries to get up and fight.

"Pathetic." He spits. He then twists the baton as it becomes a taser and he pushes it into her back.

She feels a thousand knives pierce her skin and her head is exploding.

"That was nothing. Try something like that again and good luck standing." He kicks her ribs making her gasp. He lifts her up and cuffs her hands.

Kelsey's body is already riddled with bruises from the first encounter. Her head is pounding and she can't think straight; the only thing keeping her awake is adrenaline.

Why couldn't this be a dream? Why couldn't she just go home? This was her fault.

The guard forces her down the cold, dark, empty hallways that are covered in scratches and other marks she doesn't even want to know about. He's constantly making sure she knows he has control over her by twisting her wrist or pushing the baton into her back.

They walk past cell after cell after cell. All empty. That's we she thought. Shouldn't there be people? Is she the only one here?

They finally reach their destination. They walk into the room. It's blank. Barely anything in there except for a chair. She's pushed roughly into the chair with no sympathy. The guard ties her to the chair and then leaves. Kelsey's alone. She's scared and tired and hurt.