08

CHAPTER 8

FOURTH

Gemini approached us with an invitation to join them for a movie. Inwardly, I was grappling with intense emotions, making it difficult for me to articulate my thoughts or analyze the situation. All I wanted was to retreat to the solace of my home. However, when Prim extended the invitation, I found myself unable to refuse. After all, she is my sister, and I felt compelled to endure the discomfort. Phuwin inquired if I was alright with it, and despite my inner turmoil, I mustered the strength to say yes.

While at the cinema, my gaze remained fixated on Gemini and Prim. They exuded a captivating chemistry that I couldn't deny. Their glances were filled with an undeniable affection that stirred a deep ache within me. Witnessing the love between my first love and my sister became an unbearable torment. Unable to contain my emotions any longer, the words involuntarily spilled from my lips.

"I don't feel well. I'll take my leave," I announced abruptly before hastily retreating.

Phuwin pursued me, enveloping me in a tight embrace as I unleashed my pent-up sorrow. The sight of Gemini and Prim's sweet display of affection was too much for me to bear. Their entwined hands invoked a longing within me, a fervent desire to be the one he held, the one he kissed, the one who occupied his every thought. I yearned for a reality that could never be.

For hours on end, I wept inconsolably, with Phuwin providing unwavering support by my side. I didn't want him to witness my vulnerability, to witness me in such a weakened state. Although I had just returned home, my heart was already shattered. Driven by this heartache, I sought solace in spending the night at Phuwin's house.

Author's POV.

The following morning, Phuwin roused Fourth from his slumber, urging him to partake in breakfast. Fourth groggily rose from bed and joined Phuwin at the table. Just as they began to eat, Phuwin's phone rang, displaying the name "Pond♥️." Phuwin answered the call, informing the caller that he was having breakfast. As the voice of his brother resonated through the phone, offering well wishes, Fourth snatched the device and exclaimed, "Pond, is that you?"

Startled, Pond responded, "Uh, yes. Who is this? Why are you with my boyfriend?"

The shock of Pond's forgetfulness regarding his own brother's voice and the revelation of Phuwin's relationship left Fourth in a state of disbelief. Overwhelmed by emotions, Fourth shouted, "Pond Naravit, how could you forget your brother's voice? And what do you mean 'boyfriend'? Phuwin is your boyfriend?"

Both Phuwin and Pond were rendered speechless, unable to process the unfolding situation. In the wake of the revelation, Pond abruptly terminated the call, leaving a stunned silence in its wake.

"That little... hey, Phuwin, explain," Fourth demanded.

Phuwin proceeded to recount the story of how he and Pond had met on a dating app, instantly forming a deep connection. They had been together for a year, unbeknownst to Fourth. Although initially shocked, Fourth eventually managed to regain his composure and resumed eating.

After some time, Fourth made the decision to return home. Upon arriving, Prim enveloped him in a warm embrace, expressing concern for his well-being. Fourth assured her that he was alright, though internally he continued to grapple with his own tumultuous thoughts.

One month had elapsed since Fourth's return home, and his emotional state remained far from stable. The weight of his own ruminations, compounded by considerations of work and his complicated feelings towards Gemini, weighed heavily upon him.

Fourth's Father's POV.

A week prior, Gemini's father had reached out to me, revealing his dire financial situation. He implored our assistance, citing the success and size of our company. In light of these circumstances, we contemplated the possibility of a union between Gemini and Fourth. Such a marriage held the potential to elevate both families and their respective businesses.

Initially, we had entertained the notion of a union between Prim and Gemini. However, Prim's aspirations lay in the realm of acting rather than assuming the role of CEO. Furthermore, her naivety rendered her unsuitable for marriage. Thus, we opted for a union between Fourth and Gemini, taking advantage of the fact that same-gender marriages were now recognized in Thailand. Deep down, I acknowledged the ethical concerns and the fact that they were both still young men.

Yet, given the circumstances, it appeared to be the only viable solution. Without a union, we would be unable to extend the necessary support to Gemini's family (author's own imagination). Weeks of contemplation had transpired, leaving us uncertain of how to approach the matter and how to

To be continued..

It's too short again isn't it? Sorry again.