Real Tears

Ava POV

"Ava," I heard Michael call, as I was wandering around the halls backstage.

"What?" I turned around to face the boy with fairly new black hair.

"Just wanted to let you know that me and Cal are the only ones that know about... the plan. And you probably shouldn't tell anyone else." When I gave him a confused look, he continued. "Just don't want to risk people hearing about it, is all."

"So what about management?"

"What about them?"

"What are they going to think, when I'm still on tour with you guys?"

"Oh, right. I hadn't really thought of that..." He trailed off, and I rolled my eyes.

"We should probably tell them," I said with a bit of annoyance in my voice.

"Hey, we're supposed to be doing sound check right now," Luke told Michael, coming out of nowhere.

"Could you tell someone, please? I'm kinda busy right now." I nodded my head, and he started running to the stage.

Sighing, I took my phone out to call Adam Wilkinson, their manager, but it was too loud to hear, seeing as the boys were doing sound check. I walked outside, squinting my eyes at the sudden bright light.

Before I pushed the green call button, I made sure no fans were around to hear. The only thing I saw was a couple harmless pedestrians walking on the sidewalk.

"This is Adam."

"Adam, hey! This is Ava Smith, Calum's girlfriend."

*

"Good luck," I whispered in Calum's ear, as he hugged me, before going on stage.

"I'm going to miss seeing you singing along in the front row."

Since we were going to "break up" tonight, I wasn't allowed to watch the concert with the fans. We had to pretend like we were fighting all day, some of which he actually did make me annoyed, but I just had to keep reminding myself that it was all fake.

"I'm going to miss watching you play from the front row."

"Ave, why are you shaking?" I hadn't realized I was.

"Anxiety, I guess." If this plan doesn't work out, I'm screwed, and Calum is as good as gone.

"It will be okay," he reassured me, and kissed the top of my head. "I should probably go now."

"Have fun out there." He released me from our tight hug, and gave me a small smile, before welcomed on stage by hundreds of screaming fans.

*

Calum POV

"You ready to do this?" I couldn't ignore the butterflies in my stomach, as we made our way to the doors.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she answered, looking at me one more time, before walking out the doors.

"Ava, wait!" I yelled after her, walking out too, instantly greeted with paparazzi, whom I ignored.

"I'm tired of waiting, Calum! That's all I ever do."

"Baby-"

"Don't call me that!" She screamed, which actually kind of frightened me a bit. I took notice of the crowd of fans we had drawn to us. Some people had their phones and cameras out, filming us, and others were just staring wide eyed, with their mouths hanging open.

"Let me explain, okay? I promise-"

"Let me guess. It's not what it looked like?" She interrupted me, yet again.

"Yes! It's really not what it looked like!" We were both screaming at each other, and everyone around us was completely silent, just observing us.

"Enlighten me." I was taken aback, when she said that. I was just expecting her to tell me she didn't want to hear me explain- that was the plan, anyways.

"Um... well..." I was completely at a loss for words.

"I can't believe you," she muttered. This was really making me look bad in front of everyone. I didn't want my fans to think I was a cheater. I would never cheat on Ava! I started growing more and more frustrated with each thought that popped into my mind. This wasn't how things were supposed to work out. She was supposed to let me explain, and then tell me she just needed time to think. Now everyone is going to think I cheated on her. So I yelled some words, that I would deeply regret, once all of this was over.

"Well, do you blame me? Quit keeping tabs on my life! You're so annoying! No wonder you never got adopted!" I couldn't stop the words from coming out of my mouth. And the more I said, the more I was hurting her, and I knew I was. I was doing more damage than Jack ever had. "You wonder why your real parents never wanted you? It's not a secret, Ava! If I was them, I'd do the same-"

"That's enough, Calum," I heard Ashton yell from behind me. I watched him, as he grabbed Ava, and hugged her while she cried.

"I- Ava, I-" For some reason my apology was stuck in my throat.

"I can't believe you said that," she whispered, and turned around, running the opposite direction.

"Ava, I didn't mean it!" I yelled, starting to run to her, but Ashton held me back. "Get off me!" I yelled, but his grip got tighter around me. "I said, get off!" And I completely lost it. I spun around, and punched him square in the jaw, causing him to stumble backwards. "Don't you dare-"

"Calum!" Michael yelled, coming into view, with a worried looking Luke. "Don't you think you're taking things a little too far?" Luke went over to Ashton to make sure he was okay, and Michael stayed with me.

"No, I don't! You know what? Screw you and your stupid plan!" I yelled, starting to push through the crowd, but I turned around again. "And next time you want to 'help' my girlfriend, just forget about it! I hate you guys."

What have I just done?

CALUM IS SUCH A JERK OMG.
AND POOR ASH, I HOPE HE'S OKAY