Never Be

DOUBLE UPDATE

love me.

Jk you're going to (kinda) hate me after this chapter.

BUT I WARNED YOU OH

*

Calum POV

"Wow, you guys are amazing tonight!" I smiled, as I talked into the microphone. I located Ava's face in the crowd and gave her a wink. It has been a week since she told me she remembered. She's been on tour with me ever since. I am not letting her out of my sight again.

"I love you!" She screamed, but I could only hear it faintly over the crowd. I gave her a smile, and continued talking.

"So it has been a week, since the last show we played. And if you don't remember, I really don't want to remind you, but let's just say it didn't quiet end on a positive note for me. And right after that concert, I flew to New York, to see a certain someone." Cheers interrupted me, and I turned to see Ava's face was bright red. "And this particular person, that I went to go see, was in an accident, and lost all memory of who I was, and who my band was." I blinked back tears.

This is a happy moment, Calum. Don't screw it up, by crying.

"Normally, I would just move on from the disappointment, but there was just one problem: I was completely and hopelessly in love with her." I couldn't stop the smile from spreading on my face, when the crowd erupted in "awe's."

"If it wasn't already obvious, the person I was talking about is Ava." More cheers followed, after her name. "She is probably going to kill me for this, but Ave, please come join me up here." I gave her an innocent smile, as her eyes grew wide and she furiously shook her head. "I think I'm going to need some help getting her up here."

"Ava. Ava. Ava," the audience started chanting her name, and she finally gave in. As she sat on the stool I had positioned for her in the center of the stage, I took a deep breath. I swallowed my nerves, and took one of her hands in my bigger one.

"Hiey." I started to say hi, but halfway through, I changed my mind and started to say hey, and it all got jumbled into one word. This is what happens, when I'm nervous.

"Awe, did I make you forget how to speak?" She joked, "Which is it? Hi or hey?"

"I'm just nervous. I want to sing you a song I wrote."

"I need your love to light up this house.
I wanna know what you're all about.
I wanna feel you, feel you tonight.
I wanna tell you that it's alright."

Having Ava's love was my light in the dark. And when I lost her, I just wanted her there to tell her that it was alright. I just wanted her to know it wasn't her fault.

"I need your love to guide me back home.
When I'm with you, I'm never alone.
I need to feel you, feel you tonight.
I need to tell you that it's alright"

Even when we left for tour, I felt like I was still home. That's when I realized, Ava is home. And when she forgot about me, I felt like I didn't have a place to call home anymore.

"We'll never be as young as we are now.
It's time to leave this old black and white town.
Let's seize the day.
Let's run away.
Don't let the colors fade to grey.
We'll never be as young as we are now,
As young as we are now."

I was ready to leave Sydney. I was ready to go anywhere Ava wanted. Because when we are together, our world's burn too bright for a black and white town.

"I see myself, here in your eyes.
Stay awake 'till the sunrise.
I want to hold you, hold you all night.
I want to tell you that you're all mine."

The second Ava told me she remembered me, I held her, and I didn't let go all night. I was glad it was my arms, instead of Jack's, because Ava is mine.

"I feel our hands intertwined.
Hear our hearts beating in time.
I need to hold you, hold you all night.
I need to tell you that you're all mine."

I kept my eyes locked with hers during the whole song. As I started singing the second chorus she started crying, but the smile on her face told me they were happy tears.

"We won't wait,
For tomorrow.
It's too late,
We don't follow.

We won't wait,
For tomorrow .
It's too late,
We don't follow.

We'll never be as young as we are now.
It's time to leave this old black and white town.
Let's seize the day.
Let's run away.
Don't let the colors fade to grey.
We'll never be as young as we are now,
As young as we are now."

By this point, I was crying too, but my voice remained steady.

"As young as we are now," I finished the last line of the song, and leaned in, pressing my lips to hers. When I pulled away, I heard the audience screaming and clapping. That was the first time I even noticed them, since Ava stepped onto stage.

Singing that song was the easy part. Now here comes the hard part. I got down on one knee and pulled a box from my tight pants. I looked up at Ava, and saw she already had tears streaming down her red cheeks.

"Ava, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. And these past couple of months have proved to me, that I can't be apart from you. I never want you leaving my side. So..." I took a deep, shaky breath. "Marry me?" She nodded her head up and down, unable to speak. I slipped the diamond ring on her finger and gave her a long hug.

*

Ava POV

My heart sunk lower and lower with each phone call I ignored. I felt absolutely terrible. I was so caught up with Calum, that I forgot one minor detail.

Jack.