10

They received no order from above to show up at the naval base, where events that would change the entire world were about to take place. It might seem strange, after all, Leona is one of the best Vice Admirals who could even be promoted soon.

Leona D. Monkey was the pride and joy of the Navy, something her grandfather was proud of as well. People around the world knew her under various titles, she had managed to develop a good reputation among people and a cruel one among pirates. Wild Space or Metal Dragon are some of the titles that were used most often. And to Haruka, both of them sounded strong, much better than the other nicknames Leona sometimes received.

And because of who Leona was in the Navy, it seemed inconceivable to her crew that they had no orders to be at the Navy base.

Leona knew perfectly well why she shouldn't be there, as did Haruka after she found out that Ace was her brother.

Haruka watched Leone standing by the side without saying a word. She didn't know how to help her, what to say, she didn't know anything.

Haruka looked at the pot with a small hyacinth in her hands.

She moved her gaze to Leone, who was still looking at the horizon. Haruka mentally encouraged herself.

She approached hesitantly, trying not to show her uncertainty. She stood next to Leona, looking at her profile out of the corner of her eye. She pursed her lips nervously.

"What is it? " Leona asked calmly, without even looking at her.

"This is for you," Haruka said, holding out a flower to Leona.

Leona looked at her blankly, making Haruka feel super confused. She looked into her empty eyes and didn't know what her Vice Admiral might be thinking.

"Are you giving me a flower?" Leona asked expressionlessly, looking at it.

"I'm giving you a flower," she confirmed.

"Really?"

"Yes".

"Hyacinth?"

"Yes."

Leona finally smiled. She took a flower from Haruka.

"Thank you. I never got a flower," Leona said, smiling from ear to ear.

"Never?" Haruka asked, surprised. "Even from family?"

"The only things I got from my brothers were worms or bitten meat," Leona admitted with a laugh.

Haruka snorted with laughter, catching it from the girl.

"Thank you so much."

Leona gave her a wide smile.

"It's no big deal," Haruka said, confused.

"It is. It will be my treasure," Leona said seriously, smiling after a moment.

Haruka widened her eyes in surprise.

"It's just a flower, really, there's no point in dwelling on it," she said, even more confused, feeling herself turn red.

"But it's from you."

They looked at each other in silence. Haruka smiled back. They understood each other without words.