•2•

Xiao Zhan's pov

2 days later

Today is the day when I find out if I got the secretary job at WangBo Company or not. I hope if I do.

I have to be there at 9 am. But I've been awake since 6 am. to make sure I will be there in time.

Took a nice warm morning shower and brushed my teeth after. Had some breakfast and a cup of warm coffee to relax my mind and body a little bit.

After I finished I put on a suit, and fixed my hair. I was thinking of if I should wear my contact lenses or my glasses today, but I ended up putting my glasses on to make me look more presentable for the workers there and the CEO itself. "Good luck, Zhan." I told myself while looking at my reflection in my mirror.

Looked at the time and it was 7:55am.
I knocked on Zhuocheng's bedroom door, but he was still asleep. I woke him up just to tell him I'm leaving. He just said "mn" and then fell back asleep. With a smile, I left his bedroom slowly closing the door after myself. Put my shoes on and called a taxi, which was waiting me outside after 5 minutes.

On my way to the company, I was so nervous. I was able to feel my heartbeat in my stomach. "Calm down, Zhan. You will be alright. " I tried to calm myself down, and then the taxi driver's voice jolted me out of my thoughts."Excuse me, sir, we arrived at your destination."
"Thank you so much. Have a great day." Quickly paid for the taxi and got out of the car. "Woah, this building is huge." These thoughts were going around my head until I stepped inside the building, and it looked even bigger than the outside of the building.

"Excuse me, I'm here for the job interview."I politely told the receptionist why I was here.
"Please wait here, sir. I call someone down to show you the way to the office." She politely responded and called someone down. Then, a few minutes later, a tall, good-looking man greeted me. "Good morning."Mr Xiao, please follow me." I politely bow and walked after him.

I followed him into a large office where the CEO himself was sitting by his table.
"Good morning, Mr Wang." I bowed. He stood up and bowed politely back. "Good morning, Mr Xiao. Please take a seat."
"Thank you," I said it while sitting down to the chair that was facing him.

I handed him my documents, and he had a look at them. I was so nervous, I started sweating, and my heart was still beating really fast.

He looked at me and started speaking. "Mr Xiao, as I see, you have no experience as a secretary at all. Why did you end up applying for our vacancy?"
As soon as he said this, I knew I was not gonna get this job.
"Mr Wang, yes, it is true. I have no experience, but as you know, finding a job is really hard these days, I take every opportunity I can get and find. But I'm willing to learn and expand my experiences. " Stupid me, why did I say that. I'm sure he never had to look for work in his whole life.
"I see Mr Xiao, I like the way you are thinking."
As Mr. Wang said this, I felt a small sense of relief. And now I was able to put a smile on my face. "Thank you very much, Mr Wang."

After that, they asked a few more questions.  Then Mr. Wang spoke. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Xiao, we will let you know by tomorrow if you were successful today or not. Mr Liu, please show the way back to Mr. Xiao to the lobby." He looked at the tall, handsome man who was standing next to him by the whole time.
"Of course, Mr. Wang, " He bowed."Please follow me. " He who I know his name now, Mr Liu looked at me.
"Thank you for your time, Mr. Wang." I bowed once again and left after Mr Liu.

I walked behind him the whole time, looking at the floor. I'm trying to find out what Mr. Wang was thinking back then. But I was not able to read down anything from his cold face. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

"Alright then, Mr Xiao. You know the way from here. " Mr Liu looked at me and bowed again. I did the same thing and walked to the entrance while saying, "Have a good day, sir."

I looked at the time, which was saying 10 am. "Wow, I was in there for a whole hour." I thought. I felt longer than that. But at least I don't feel nervous now. Okay, maybe a little bit about tomorrow now. I hope I didn't say anything stupid back then.
I gave a call to Zhuocheng, who picked the phone straight away.
"My Zhan Zhan, how did it go?"He asked.
"Hey there, I think it did well, but I will let you know by tomorrow." I explained. "They let me know tomorrow if I was successful or not."
"Oh, that's great, but I still don't think it's a good idea. Secretaries are usually women. Why does he want a man?" He questioned.
"My lovely boy, you watch way too many dramas. Maybe he is just scared of women, that's all." I laughed.
"Or maybe he is gay." He laughed
"Zhuocheng, don't say that. And even if he is, I'm straight." I said it in between laughs.
"Are you coming back home now?"
"Ahw, does my boy miss me? I laughed again
"Oh, shut up. I'm just asking."
"I'll be back home soon. Don't worry too much." After this, I hanged up and called a taxi to go back home.
I really hope I will hear good news by tomorrow.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Chapter 2 is here. Please let me know what you think about this chapter.