•13•

Xiao Zhan pov

It's the day after me and Yibo came back from Shanghai. Yes, I just called him Yibo now, but only outside of work. In the office, I still have to call him Mr Wang. I feel like we got a bit closer in the past 3 days, and he is not that cold, as he shows in the office. I do hope I will not gonna see him cold again tomorrow.

He gave me a day off today, so me and Zhuocheng  thought we should go out and meet up with Ji Li, Meng Ziyi, and Xuan Lu.

Zhuocheng gave a call to them, and they agreed to join. We will have a good time, just like back when we all were in high school. I don't even remember when was the last time I went to one.

We all decided to meet up in front of the cinema with the others by 6:00 pm. It's only 11:00 am yet, so we had plenty of time left. Until then, I decided to go for a late run to the park I usually go to. I did wake up a bit later than usual.

When I got there, I saw that people were still jogging around and dogs running around and playing with their owners.

I started jogging around and enjoying the slightly warmer weather since it's May.
The mornings are still cold a little.

After 30 minutes, I took a little break when I saw someone familiar sitting on the nearest bench. "Is it Yibo? What is he doing here?" I thought, while without thinking, my legs unconsciously started walking towards him. I only noticed when I was already standing in front of him.

"U-uhm, good morning, Yibo," I said nervously. I don't know why I was nervous this time.
He looked up and gave me a slight smile while he said, "Oh Zhan, good morning."

I sat down next to him while I had a bit of a drink of my water bottle.

"What are you doing?" I looked at him, but he was looking at his laptop. Yes, he brings his laptop with him, in the park.
"Working." He simply said.
I laughed, and he looked at me with a questioning glare.
"What?" He said
"We just came back yesterday, and we are both on our day off. Why are you still working?" I asked.
"Oh.. true. Am I a workaholic?" He laughed while looking at me.
"Hmm, maybe a little bit." I laughed and continued. "Put your laptop down and run with me." I was about to pull him up from the bench while holding his hand, but he just moved his hand away suddenly

"What was that for?" I thought. I just let it be.

"Let me put my stuff in my car first," He said and walked up to his car, which was parked a few meters away from him.

I waited for him by the bench, and 2 minutes later, he was ready.

"Okay, let's run." He is stretching his arms and legs.

We started jogging. Suddenly, he sped up and looked back at me.

"Come on, Zhan, you're too slow." I laughed at me teasingly.

"Hey Yibo.. stop teasing me," I said while I also picked up my speed and ran next to him while slapping his shoulder.

"Hey." He was touching the same spot where I slapped. I was just laughing at him.

We ran for another 15 minutes, and then we sat down on the grass to relax a bit.

"You know..." I started and continued. "You are not a cold-hearted jerk, how I heard from your workers." I said, and he looked at me, questioning.

"Cold-hearted jerk?" He laughed."Why would I be?" He added

"I don't know, I just heard from someone in the office calling you that." Well, I was the one who called him jerk.. but he didn't have to know that.

"Oh.." He looked down. "I know that I'm cold in the office. But I am the boss in there.." He looked at me.

The look on his face was able to tell that he didn't like what I just said. So I quickly apologise to him.

"I'm so sorry, Yibo. I didn't want to hurt you with this."

"Don't worry about it." He laughed. "I do know what people think about me, but I don't give a damn about it. Besides I paying them."

"Oh right, I'm sorry, Mr Wang." I teased him while giving him a wink.

"Alright, I have to go Zhan, I see you tomorrow at work. Enjoy the rest of the day." Hesuddenly  stood  up and walked back to his car. But before he left, I shouted after him.

"Yibo, wait. What are you doing tonight?" I asked, but after thinking about it... was it a good idea to ask him..

"Nothing. Why?" He turned back to look at me.

"Uhm.. My friends and I are going to the cinema later on. Wanna join?" I was unsure what he was going to say.

"Uhm.. okay." He said

"Oh, cool. Then we will meet by the cinema by 6:00 pm. I'll text you the address.." Wait, I don't have his number. So I asked. "Can we exchange numbers, maybe? I just noticed I don't have your number." I shook my head starting at the grass.

"Okay." He said and walked back to me. We exchanged numbers, and then he left.

I felt so excited for some reason. It felt like butterflies were just woke up in my stomach.

"No way l, he is coming with us. Zhuocheng is going to kill me, If I tell him about it. I thought.
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Sorry for the late reply. I will try to update more often. I will be a bit busy for the past weeks.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow so you don't miss the next chapter