Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Hey darling

"I can see you and Asher together, like a thing," Cassie said nonchalantly. I glared at her and only hoped that I could shoot beams through her head.

I couldn't even get through lunch without hearing his name.

"Asher and Misty? No way! Tell me more!" My friend Chantelle gasped. See Chantelle is a huge actress and I girl that likes gossip. So she can exaggerate the tiniest of gossip and make it seem true. But I don't think see does it intentionally.

"Asher and Misty have detention together. So they are going to spend the entire afternoon with him." Cassie said throwing a fry in her mouth.

"Misty? Detention? I can't even right now. What did you do? Please don't tell me this involves Danielle. You know his crazy ass ex that still thinks they're together? Yeah her." Chantelle replied talking a mile a minute.

"This doesn't involve Danielle. Asher had my book and read it aloud. Mrs. Smith took my book and classified it as 'pornography', which it isn't. And unfortunately I have detention with Asher." I replied with a disgusted look on my face. Seriously detention with ANYBODY would've been better.

"I don't see why you're complaining. Asher is hot! I mean have you seen this muscles and his dimples? If I were you I would've already died of happiness just thinking about spending whole hour with him!" Chantelle squealed in my ear like the crazed fangirl she is.

Happiness? No, no. I would've died of depression.

"I don't see what's so great about him," I replied shrugging my shoulders.

Chantelle gasped and placed her hand on her heart as-if she just had a mini heart attack. So dramatic.

"I agree with Misty," Colton said looking at Chantelle like something was wrong with her.

"You only say that because you're a dude." Cassie said punching Colton lightly on his arm.

They are so cute, Cassie and Colton. I should probably make a ship name.

"Misty," Chantelle said in a calm voice. "Asher is the school's bad boy, one of the biggest flirts, he skateboards, and he's hot! Who can beat that?"

"Me." Colton said to Cassie.

"Aw." Cassie replied. Then see pecked him on the cheek.

"If you don't want him, then I'll take him." Chantelle said getting up.

In unknown emotion bubbled inside me.

I grabbed her hand to keep her from going anywhere near Asher.

What is happening to me?

Chantelle looked back at me, sat down and then smirked.

"You like him don't you?" Chantelle asked looking at me curiously.

Do I ? No. I couldn't be. Not for him.

Zac Efron? Yes.

Asher Tomlin? No. Maybe. I don't know!

"No." I replied confidently.

"You don't like me? I'm hurt pumpkin." He said causing me to nearly spit out my water.

1.) because he was right behind me
2.) he called me pumpkin.

I turned around slowly to face Asher. "How long were you here?" I asked nervously.

"Long enough to hear that you don't like me. Honestly pumpkin, how could you not like this?" He asked flexing his muscles.

"You're so cocky! There is nothing bigger than your ego." I retorted throwing a fry at him. He better be lucky I wasted my delicious fries on him.

"I think you know what is bigger than my ego." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

"OMG I totally ship it!" Chantelle squealed while pulling out her phone to take a picture.

"Noooo! Hide me!" I said as I hid behind Asher.

"Say, Misher! Or Ashty! Whichever you prefer!" Chantelle said cheerfully.

What kind of friends do I have?

Asher slung his arm around my shoulder pulling me to his side.

Nooooo! I don't want to have a picture taken of me. Especially with him.

"Misher!" Asher said cheerfully as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

Chantelle took the picture and showed it to me. I looked like I just saw a bug on my food. My face looked so bad it wasn't even funny. Well it wasn't to me.

"Babe, I don't think you're photogenic at all." Asher said patting me on the back.

"Don't call me that! I'm not your 'babe'!" I replied moving away from him.

He looked hurt for a second. But then he smirked. "Sureeee." He said sarcastically.

"Hey darling," a southern voice said behind Asher. It was Danielle. Gag.

"I didn't know that you were taking pictures with fans today." She said all innocently.

I hate her.

"This isn't a fan. This is Misty. My friend." Asher said motioning over to me.

I did the nice and waved back at her. Maybe there is some good in her.

She pulled him in and started kissing him.

Never mind.

I don't think he was kissing back but I don't know because I was too busy trying to gouge my eyeballs out.

This is just... Gag.

"Get off of me, Danielle. You know I don't like you like that anymore. That ended years ago." He said pulling "suction cup" away from him.

"But dumpling-"

"Ms. Crenshaw and Mr. Tomlin. In my office now." The principal said walking over to my table.

"But Mrs. Smith I didn't do anything!" Asher exclaimed pushing Danielle as far away from him.

Serves her right.

"No buts just go!" Mrs. Smith

"Mrs. Smith? Asher didn't do anything. Danielle kissed him and he tried to pull her off of him but she just didn't move." I half lied. Honestly I don't even know why I was defending Asher but it felt like it just had to be done.

Mrs. Smith raised her eyebrow at me and I couldn't blame her. I almost never defend anybody.

"Okay Mr. Tomlin you are let off with a warning. As for you Ms. Crenshaw come to my office at once." Mrs. Smith said looking at Danielle in disgust.

"But Mrs. Smith-"

"Now!" Mrs. Smith said powerfully.

Danielle trailed after Mrs. Smith. Right before she went behind the corner she sent me a deathly glare that would make even the toughest men piss on themselves.

I looked over at Asher waiting for my thank you.

"Thanks, but you didn't have to do that. I have bad boy image to keep." He said walking away from me.

Not the apology I was expecting.