Chapter Eleven

Chapter Nine: It's Friday

DING-DONG

I slowly opened my eyes and rolled over. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. It read 9:24 a.m.

Since my room was facing the backyard I couldn't see anything in the from yard from my window.

I hobbled my way down the stairs with my crutches and I went towards the door. The doorbell rang again and mentally flipped the person behind it.

I swung the door open and I saw Asher standing there in his pajamas. What the heck? It's almost 9:30 and school started a couple hours ago. Plus it's like winter but almost spring. It's freaking March! He wasn't even wearing a jacket.

Idiot!

He was holding a box of tissues in his hand. Was he sick? Dammit! I don't want to take care of him!

"What are you doing here?" I hissed at him rubbing my arms furiously trying to bring heat to them.

"I can't visit a injured friend?" He asked innocently. He ran his free hand through his hair.

"Tell me the real reason." I replied crossing my arms over my chest.

"Welllllll..." He started, "This morning I woke up sick and no one was home to make me food so I figured why not bother Misty and get a free meal?"

"What makes you think I'll cook for you?" I scoffed at him. Just pathetic.

"Because if you don't feed me I'll end up in a commercial that goes like, 'For 10 cents a day you can feed a hungry child," he replied rolling his eyes.

I shook my head and let him in. He positioned himself on the couch and I sat in the armchair. "So when are you making me food?" He asked rubbing his stomach.

I rolled my eyes. "When I feel like it." I stretched my arms and yawned loudly.

He turned on the TV while blowing into the tissue. I got up and hobbled to the kitchen. I got out some yogurt, granola and fruit.

Today I will be making parfaits and Asher can kiss my ass if he doesn't like it.

"Misty I didn't know you had a alcohol cabinet in your house." Asher said as I was finishing up. I tensed up at what he said.

I avoiding eye contact and I continued to put granola in the yogurt. I really didn't want to have this conversation right now.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I refused to cry. I will not cry over old stuff. It's all in the past. It's all in the past.

"Anyway when's your birthday?" I asked changing the subject.

"April 16th." He said grabbing his parfait. Wait what? Did I hear him correctly?

"April 16th?" I asked again just to make sure I heard him right.

"Yeah, are you deaf?" He asked while eating his parfait.

"Nope but we have the same birthday." I replied eating my parfait. "Twinsys!" He squealed.

I rolled my eyes at his girly-ness. Seriously who has this much energy to even squeal in the morning?

I can't believe I share the same birthday as Asher. So I share a birthday with Asher and Nathan. Great.

"Hey do you have Italian in you?" Asher asked curiously snapping me out of my thoughts. "No, I don't think so." I replied uncertainly. I'm not sure where this was going.

"Would you like some in you?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows.

Oh joy. I've missed those dirty pick up lines.