Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: About Last Night...

I woke to a headache that hurt like hell and an arm snaked around my waist. I froze as I looked at to who the arm belonged to.

It. Was. Asher's.

Did we do... It? And I can't remember anything from last night so that doesn't help matters. I slightly shifted in bed and nothing seemed to hurt, so I should be good.

Wait but what if he pulled a Bill Cosby?

You are so screwed...

I carefully pulled his arm from around my waist and I got out of bed. I replaced myself with a pillow and Asher re- snaked his arm around it.

I tried to walk but I quickly fell to the carpeted floor. I looked down at my leg and it was covered in dried blood, bits of shattered glass, and scratches.

How did that happen? And on top of that it was on my left leg. My right leg had the cast on it. I struggled to get up but I kept falling. Asher stirred slightly but went back to sleep.

I crawled down the stairs and I froze at the sight before my eyes. Glass was on the floor and the living room reeked of alcohol. Who the hell did this?

"Misty?" Asher asked as he rubbed his eyes. He was wearing basketball shorts and he was shirtless. Why must all boys in books, movies, and TV shows walk out of a room shirtless? Why can't they wear a shirt to bed? Wait does that mean I slept in the same bed as Asher and he was shirtless? Why haven't I noticed?

Because you were to busy thinking of messed up scenarios of how Asher slept with you...

"S-stay away f-from me creep!" I yelled as I crawled towards the door. I was not gonna let him near me.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Don't play dumb! I know what you did last night!" I yelled crawling further away from him.

"Misty you don't remember a thing from last night." He said not taking me seriously. He went in the kitchen and pulled out a bowl.

"Don't tell me what I do and what I don't remember!" I snapped at him while he pulled out some milk.

"Misty, you were drunk last night. Speaking of which do you want an aspirin?" He asked while getting out a cereal box.

"I don't want an aspirin or your pity." I said trying to stand up but I failed miserably. "Do you need help?" Asher asked as he stood behind me.

Does it look like I need help?

Yes.
No.
Yes you do.
No I don't.
Yes you do.
Shut up brain!

"No I'm just peachy." I replied on a fake cheerful voice. He rolled his eyes as he picked me up and carried me on his back.

"You know you left you friend when she needed you the most, right? He asked looking back at me and I stiffened.

"I left only because I didn't want her to see me cry." I muttered avoiding his gaze. "It's okay to cry." He said and he placed me on the counter.

"Can I tell you a story?" He asked looking at me.

Oh joy. A story? For me? This should be interesting...

I nodded my head anyways and he proceeded to tell the story.

"Ok so around 4th grade this girl named Harlow came into my life and changed it forever. We were best friends. I was kind of a loner so she was my only friend. It was not because I didn't like other kids, it's just because I didn't have any social skills." I rolled my eyes and he continued.