Chapter One

Hi so this is the first chapter of my new book called Call Me Misty. I hope you enjoy this book!

Published July 1st, 2015

Chapter One: I'm over here looking like Spider-Man's side piece.

"Die Scorpion!" Cassie shouted at the screen. She was currently getting beaten up by Scorpion. And she was not taking it well.

"Maybe you should've never been Sub-Zero in the first place." I muttered under my breath.

She paused the screen and said something into the headset that I couldn't understand. Then she turned around slowly with a creepy smile plastered on her face.

"Did I ask you?" She said in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"Never mind," I said under my breath, as I went back to reading my book. I did not want to get involved in that. She would've strangled me if I would've said something other than "never mind."

"That's what I thought." She replied as she pressed resume on the screen.

I was currently sitting in Cassie's basement reading a book, while Cassie was playing Mortal Kombat X, on a Friday night.

"Yea baby! That's right you lost to a girl! In yo freaking face! What? I can't hear you over this sound that you wouldn't recognize. That's right, Its victory bells! You owe me $10! Haha! Suck it you little bit-"

"Cassie! Keep it down will ya?" I said over her shouting into the headset. I couldn't even hear myself think.

"You want a piece of this?" Cassie said whipping around causing her light pink hair to hit her face.

I swear she was so full of herself.

"I'm good. I actually gotta go, it's getting late." I replied closing my book.

"Misty its 4:46. Since when is that late?" Cassie said turning off her Xbox. I looked at the clock in the far corner and it read 4:46. I could've sworn it was at least 6:00.

"Since my parents came back from Australia. They want me back by 6:30." I lied. My parents are still in Australia til' next week. I think they are looking for an epidemic or something.

"Oh." Cassie said looking disappointed. Then you face lit up. "I'm going with you then." She said confidently.

My plan of reading my book in silence came crashing down right in front of my eyes.

"See the thing is.I-I..um-" I stuttered trying to make up a lie.

"You're lying aren't you?" Cassie said.

No I'm trying to remember a magic spell so I can transform into a unicorn.

"Were you trying to get away from me to read a book?" She said trying to act hurt.

So what if I want to read a book instead of hang out with my best friend? It's not like the book is for school.

When she didn't get a answer she pulled me towards the door. "Come on, we are going out." She said sternly.

Ugh, that's the last place I wanna go. With all those people. Why have people when you have books, food, a phone, and a bed?

"But people are out there!" I whined.

She rolled her eyes and proceeded to pull me out the door. "Mistinia Sophia Barlow, we are going out whether you like it or not!" She said giving one last pull.

"Ok fine." I replied out of frustration. "Can I at least change?" I asked looking down at the poor fashion choices that I made today which some people call clothes.

She looked me up and down and groaned. "Yes on one condition."

"And what is that?" I asked suddenly interested.

"It has to be out of my closet." She said smirking at me.

«•~•»

Why am I not surprised that Cassie would squeeze me into the sluttiest thing in her closet.

It was a spider man crop top that stopped like 2 centimeters from bra and some denim shorts that stopped half way down my thigh. The shorts weren't that bad. The worst was the torture devices attached to my feet, which normal people would call heels.

I walked out of her bathroom to show Cassie what I was wearing. She looked me over and nodded in approval.

"Absolutely not. I refuse to look like I'm going to strip at comic con." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm pretty sure you can't strip at-"

"You know what I mean!" I said cutting her off. "Have you even worn this before?" I asked.

"Nope." She replied beaming at me.

I restrained myself from strangling her. How come she got to look normal? She was wearing a black v neck with skinny jeans and black converses. And I'm over here looking like Spider-Man's side piece.

I walked past her and went into her room to put on something different. I found a pair of dark jeans and an AC/DC muscle tee and threw that on. I took off the "heels" and slipped on my white vans.

I walked out of the room and waiting for Cassie to criticize my clothes.

"Wait." She said running back in the room.

Wow I didn't know that my fashion choices were that bad.

Cassie came back with a plaid button down and handed to me.

What do I do with this? Do I put on like a jacket or-

"Tie it around your waist." Cassie said rolling her eyes at me.

Ohhhhh. That made sense. "Where are we going?" I asked letting curiosity get the better of me.

"To the arcade." Cassie replied simply.

Of. Course.

What did you think?