Chapter Five

Chapter five: I'm not a party person

I was walking to detention when someone put an arm over my shoulder.

"You ready for detention?" Asher asked me.

"No idiot, get off of me." I replied pushing his arm off of my shoulder, even if it did feel kinda nice.

"Harsh." Asher said putting his hand to his heart like I actually hurt him.

"Hey dumpling." A familiar annoying southern voice said as we walked in the detention room. "I didn't know you and whatshername have detention too!"

"I already told you, her name is Misty." He replied calmly, not wanting to bring out the real her.

"I know I just don't want that name in my mouth." She said as politely as possible.

I rolled my eyes as I took a seat in the back row.

"Hey, she didn't mean any of what she just said." He said rubbing my back like I needed comfort, which I didn't.

"Sureee and I'm fine so you can stop rubbing my back." I replied and he removed his hand slowly.

A few minutes later the teacher walked in and sat at the teachers desk.

"Hello disrespectful students. I'm Mr. Gordon and I will be supervising your detention today. I'll be back in a few minutes but in the meantime I want you to blah blah blah blah doodle dee dum fee fum..."

I zoned out and I failed to realize that Mr. Gordon actually left the classroom.

I felt someone poke at my ribs. Over and over.

Just like I suspected it was Asher.

"What?!?" I whisper yelled at him. I glared at him hoping I could shoot a laser beam through his head.

Life would've been so much easier without him messing with me.

"Am I annoying you?" He whispered to me and he smirking.

I wish I could smack that cute-but-annoying smirk off his face, because it was annoying me.

"No, if anything it turns me on." I replied sarcastically. I hope he can tell I'm being sarcastic.

"Oh really? I have that effect on girls." He said winking at me.

This is gonna be the longest hour of my life.

«•~•»

It's been a long day and it was good to see my bed.

Since I barely had homework to do, so I took it upon myself to take a nap.

I was 5 minutes into my nap when someone decided it was a great idea to call me.

"What?" I said groggily into the phone.

"Oh hi Misty! I thought you were sleep! Because it's been a long day and such! Good thing you are awake because I have important news!" Chantelle squealed into the phone.

"What is it?" I replied not really caring what she would say next.

"Keith is throwing a party on Friday! And guess what? Everybody in year 12 is invited. So let's go!" She squealed into the phone making me hold the phone away from my ear.

Wait a party? I'm not a party person, to be honest. They aren't that fun to me. All that alcohol and drunk people grinding against each other. Not my thing.

"I'm not a party person, Chantelle. You know that." I replied wearily.

"Come Misty! Do you wanna grow up and tell people you never went to party?" Chantelle said into the phone.