part seven

When I woke up at the morning, Steve wasn't with me anymore.

"Jerk" I muttered and got out of bed.

I went into my bathroom and closed the door on myself. I took off the bandage that Steve had done at night and got in the shower. I washed up and got dressed. I dried and straightened my wet hair, then put on minimal make-up.

I started to walk down to have breakfast. Everyone was already up, which was unusual because I'm usually the first to wake up.

"Good morning." I said.

"Morning? Doll, it's half past one in the afternoon." Bucky laughed.

"What?!" I asked in shock. How could I sleep until now? I looked at the clock and was surprised to find that Bucky was right. I really slept until noon at least.

"I was waiting for you to come to train, and then you didn't come, you didn't come, I said, I'll look up to you, what's wrong with you, and then I see that you're still in your bed. I thought that, maybe you're dead, because you never sleep more than eight. Then I see that you're breathing, I say it's fine, then sleep." he said amusedly.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't think I would sleep this long," I blurted out.

"No, no, no problem, Doll. I trained with Sam."

"That's true!" Sam shouted from the couch and I nodded.

"Oh, Maddy, are you up? I made you breakfast...which is now more like lunch," Thor mused.

"Oh thank you." I smiled and took the plate handed to me. I sat down at the kitchen counter and started eating.

"MADELYN!" Adeleine burst into the tower, loud as usual.

"Huh?" I looked at her with my mouth full with the lunch.

"Why don't you tell me you're going on a date today?! Hm?! I'm walking in the criminal department of S.H.I.E.L.D and you know who I met with? Rumlow. He says to tell you that he's looking forward to the evening. When he said that, I looked at him like an alien. He told me, that he asked you out on a date and you said yes AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!" she yelled at me offended.

"Oh, yes, we discussed it yesterday. You already went home when it happened."
I slightly nod, and I bite into my hot sandwich that Thor made for me.

"You could have text me." she rolled her eyes.

"It was late, I didn't want to bother you, especially not after the mission"

"Whatever. You need to look your best, do you understand?! I brought you a bunch of dresses." she said then went back to the elevator and grabbed a bag.

"Are there all clothes in there?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yep, come on!"

"I'm just eating. And we won't see each other until seven in the evening anyway."

"And?" she frowned in confusion.

"And it would be unnecessary to start preparing now." I said.

"Oh, I can tell that you haven't had anyone for 5 years. You'll see..." she said absent-mindedly, and I left it to her. If she say so...

After I had lunch, we went up to my room and started getting ready. I tried on all the clothes that Adeleine brought. There were some inappropriate clothes, there were normal, and minimalistic too. In the end, we decided on a completely plain black dress. After that, Addie did my makeup, which went well, but what did I expect...Addie is a pro at these, and then we did my hair. The end result was quite good for me.