t w e n t y t h r e e

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Soobin, are you almost done?!" Kara yelled in the living room.

"Almost!" Soobin yelled back.

Kara let out a frustrated sigh as she, Yeonjun, and Huening Kai stood in the living room, impatiently waiting for Soobin to hurry his ass downstairs.

Meanwhile, Soobin was adding some final touch to his look by applying some lipgloss. This was a special occasion for him, as it was his first official double date with his sister and Yeonjun. It had only been a short while since he and Huening Kai had finally made their relationship official.

Finally, Soobin went downstairs, his steps echoing through the hallway as he made his way to where Huening Kai was standing. As soon as he reached him, he couldn't contain his excitement and called out his name, "Hyuka!" Before wrapping his arms around him in a warm and tight embrace.

Huening Kai blushed, "Hey Bin, you look really pretty." He said as he hugged him back.

When Huening Kai spoke those words, Yeonjun's head snapped in their direction. He couldn't stand the sight of the two of them embracing each other or the way Soobin flashed him a smug smile.

"Thank you." Soobin smiled.

"Aww, aren't they cute, Yeonjun?" Kara asked, smiling at her little brother.

Yeonjun hesitated for a brief moment before responding, "Yeah, of course." Kara noticed the slight pause and furrowed her brow in confusion, but decided not to think much of it and continued the conversation.

"Anyways, let's go now!" She said.

As they made their way outside and approached the cars, Soobin was about to hop into Huening Kai's car when Yeonjun suddenly stopped him. "Hold on a second! Aren't you going to be riding with me?" Yeonjun questioned Soobin.

Soobin, Huening, and Kara all exchanged confused glances before Soobin responded softly, "No... im going with Hyuka." Yeonjun was taken aback by his words.

"Jun?" Kara asked, confused. Yeonjun looked at her. He cleared his throat. “Right, I’m sorry. I just thought you and Huening would go with us, that's all." Yeonjun said somewhat coldly before getting into his car.

Weird. Huening Kai thought.

Soobin watched as Yeonjun spoked and quickly entered his car afterward. There was a cold tone in his voice. It was a little surprising for Soobin to hear Yeonjun sound distant once again, but he brushed it off.

He was probably just a bit angry that he had to go on this double date because Kara forced him. Yeah, that's all...

+×+

As they arrived at the location, Soobin was taken aback as he exclaimed, "Hold on, wait a minute! Why didn't you guys mention that we were going to an ice skating rink?" He began to panic.

"I wanted to suprise you. It was my idea after all to go here." Huening Kai said shyly.

"Huening Kai, that's really sweet of you, but I don't know how to ice skate!" Soobin admitted. He had ice skated multiple times when he was little, but gosh, he never wanted to do it again after the incident that happened.

"Oh, what happened, bin?"

Flashback:

"Bin! Be careful! You can get hurt!" Young Soobin heard his mother yell.

Despite his mother's warnings, Soobin chose to ignore her and proceeded to skate without a care in the world. He loved ice skating so much! It was so fun!