xıx (back at it again)

ִ ࣪𖤐_________________________ִ ࣪𖤐

EDIT 31/5: yes guys, youve probably already read this chapter before i unpublished it

EDIT 31/5: yes guys, youve probably already read this chapter before i unpublished it... (it was the match against the top five) but i changed it completely.  so i recommend reading the one before this and then this one again.

oh. and im sorry in advance too. what's going to happen is for the plot, i swear...

(bold and italics means they're talking in english)

The incessant beeps of your pastel green phone jolted you out of your sudden derealization

The incessant beeps of your pastel green phone jolted you out of your sudden derealization. You blinked, the harsh fluorescent lights of the bathroom making you squint. The cold tile floor under your feet grounded you in reality as you glanced at the phone.

"Speak of the devil..."

Your father’s name flashed on the screen, sending a familiar chill through your veins. You felt a knot tighten in your chest as you reached for the phone, the anxiety surging through you.

Damn. He must have found out you had regained access to your phone. The brief respite from his constant demands had been a rare and fleeting relief, allowing you to focus on your training without the weight of his expectations pressing down on you. It was nice while it lasted.

You swiped to answer. "Hello, Father."

"Etsu."

You held back an eye roll, forcing yourself to remain composed. His voice, cold and commanding, always managed to unsettle you, even through the phone.

"Mhm?" you managed, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Why didn't you tell me you had access to your phone? I had to contact Jinpachi myself to grant you permission, only to find out you already had it."

You could almost see his stern expression, his piercing gaze that never seemed to soften, and you were stunned to know that he actually managed to contact Jinpachi just to be able to monitor you. It made sense, though, after all, your father had great connections with the big fishes that allowed Jinpachi's project to go on. "I- uh... I just got it," you lied, fingers crossed under the bathroom sink. You prayed Jinpachi wouldn’t have given away the exact date you got it, which had been way back during the first selection. Surely, your father wouldn't have asked that too, right?