Am I in too deep (part 2)

Era: 5-Star

Vinis age at the time: 12

Vini will be referred to as Hyejin

TW: Swearing, mentions of Self-harm, Mental issues

___________________________________________

Han's pov:

It's been almost a month since I caught Hyejin cutting. But she hasn't even gone three days clean since then. I always catch her with fresh cuts around her wrists or on her ankles.

It's really bothering me because we made a promise that she'd stop for the exchange of me not telling anyone.

But she didn't listen. The hate that she's been getting is probably starting to get too much for her.

What if she succumbes to the hate?

What if she cuts off all ties with the world and finally lets herself go?

I can't let that happen to her, no matter what. She is not only a crucial part of the team but also a crucial part of me.

I need her, the members need her, everybody does. She's the glue that holds us together during hard times. I must protect her.

Even if it means betraying her.

I've been silent for a while, a bit too long for my liking. I have to tell someone.

[Next day, 5pm]

Chan was in the kitchen, cooking two packs of ramen noodles to eat for dinner. I approached him nervously, I never thought that I'd be talking to him about this, but he has to know.

"Uhm, Channie hyung, can i talk two you please?" Chan was pouring his noodles in a bowl and started eating it as he turned to me.

"Sure, Hannie, what's up?" He asked, his mouth filled with ramen. "Well, uhm, it's about Hyejin," Chan looked at me with a confused expression but still signed for me to continue.

"About a month ago, i caught her harming herself in the bathroom, i talked to her about it, and she made me promise not to tell anyone in exchange for her to stop." Chan's face would switch from shock to concern to releave the whole time I was speaking.

"Oh my god, i didn't know that she went through that, but wait, why are you telling me if she made you promise? She stopped, right?" Chan asked. He had a face of worry as he set his empty bowl down.

"Ever since then, she hasnt gone a little as three days clean. I always see her with new cuts around her wrists and ankles, and i just- I just dont know what to do,"

I started to cry at the thought of her hurting herself. I couldn't bear the idea that she was suffering, yet she wouldn't dare tell a single soul if she had the choice.

Chan pov:

Han started to cry as he was telling me about what was happening with Hyejin. I embraced him with a warm hug, rubbing circles on his back to calm him down.

"I'm-i'm sorry, hyung, i tri-tried to protect her, but i can't. She doesn't listen to me." He sniffled. I know that Han tried his best to help her, and it's not his fault anyway. He shouldn't have to worry.

"Don't worry, jisung, I'll talk to her, and we'll sort this whole thing out, okay?" I asked as he seemed to calm down. "Okay," he said, as he gave me a quick hug and ran out of the kitchen.

I walked to Hyejin's room, feeling nervous. I gave a few light knocks before hearing a response. "Come in," I heard her say faintly.

I opened the door, seeing her laying on her bed, watching something on her phone. She quickly turned the phone off and sat up, giving me her attention.