Final Goodbyes

As Maria laid in her bed, barely grasping the little amount of life she has, she tells of her life, her story, and her wishes.

Her wish? This, is what she said to them as her wish:

"I wish to be buried with the gods. Petals of blue scattered lightly around me and my grave. Let the stars paint a picture in the sky above my grave. I wish to never be forgotten; Never be touched by time. That, is my final wish."

Tears could be seen on each face that sat in the room. The three brothers stood by Maria's bed side, smiling and laughing with her along with everyone else.

Elizabeth was nowhere to be found, as Maria laid in her bed surrounded by friends and family.

In Maria's last moments, her voice started to grow soft. Everyone stopped as the room fell quiet.

With her voice as soft as snow, and gentle as the wind, she spoke these words:

"Everyone... Thank you.. For... The wonderful things... You have done... For me... I know you hate... To see me... Like this, but... I won't... Be forgotten... I know that.... I have... No regrets... About anything... I hope to... Greet you all... In the next life... Thank you... For everything.... You... Gave... Me... The... Love.... I..... Needed...... Thank...... You.......All....... So..... Much.........."

And with that, her last breath escaped her lips as a soft smile was painted on her face. Tears and cries filled the room.

The boys took their hats off and stood. They looked at Maria's soft eternal smile, and then spoke.

"You'll be missed, but not forgotten."
"Some may not remember you, but we will always remember you."
"You may be gone, but we'll see you sometime. Just wait for us."

The brothers did not look shaken, but under the hats, tears flowed endlessly without any attention. Everyone walked out and comforted each other.

A week later, the funeral had been planned and the whole Kingdom came to say their final goodbyes.