Farewell To All

The ceremony was peaceful and beautiful. Many people spoke and many tears were shed. Elizabeth could be seen standing in the back, waiting and listening.

Ace, Luffy, Sabo, John, Simon, and Mark carried Maria to her grave which had been laid out how she wanted it: Rose petals lining her grave, under her favorite tree, over looking the night stars.

As everyone started to say their final goodbyes, Elizabeth stepped forward and laid a white rose in her neatly braided hair.

She then turned to the crowd as everyone quieted down. She raised a white rose, and looked into the sorrow filled eyes of the crowd.

"As Mariline lay here before us, under this star filled night, let us remember who she was and who she shall forever be. The one who saved us all from the chaos ahead."

She then laid the rose on the grave stone as Maria was locked away, never to be touched by time.

Elizabeth then turned to everyone and spoke with a slight smile.

"Let all of us return to our days, and shall Mariline, Isabell, Valentine never be forgotten, nor touched by time.

Then a white light sprang from Elizabeth's hands and in an instant, everything changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Luffy's POV)

There was a huge flash of light, and then everything went black. I woke up to everyone standing around me, worried.

"You're awake!" Chopper smiled at me as I sat up.

"What happened?" I asked looking around, making sure this wasn't a dream.

Nami spoke next. "We were under attack, and you passed out from your injuries."

I was confused. What happened to the girl? Was it a dream? Was she even there?

I looked around and spoke. "Where are we heading?"

Robin's voice broke through the silence. "Dressrosa, why?"

So.. It was a dream after all... But how? It was like I was there! Like I had known the girl my whole life!

I sat there confused, wondering how it was just a dream. Everyone looked at me confused and didn't say a word.

Then, I heard a voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Sabo's POV)

I woke up to Koala shaking me, and a throbbing headache. Koala's face was filled with concern, but soon was filled with relief as I came back to my senses.

"You're awake! You scared us for a minute there, Sabo." She sat next to me. I sat up and looked at her, then at our surroundings. I was, still in our ship.

"What happened?" I sat there, confused, and looked back at her.

"You were talking to me as we were walking up to the deck, and you passed out." She explained.

I was still confused on what was going on. Was that all just a dream? No, it couldn't be.. It felt as real as yesterday... But, how could it be a dream?

Koala brought me back from my thoughts. "Sabo? You alright?" She waved a hand in front of my face.

I turned to look at her. "Huh? O-oh. Sorry, I was just... Confused."

"About what?" She looked almost as confused as I was.

"My..dream... It felt so real, yet it was a dream.."