Ch - 4 ° You're not Alone

Giyuu looked around his surroundings. It was actually peaceful and very few people were actually there.

'I thought this place would be more to your liking since it is very quiet here.' Shinobu directed him to a table.

'What would you like to eat Tomioka-san?' Shinobu asked.

'I'm fine. Let's just talk about the mission?'

'I heard they have Salmon-Daikon?' Shinobu smirked as she inched a bit closer.

'Alright. Since you're insisting.' He turned his head sideways.

After ordering the food she pulled a rolled out page.

'Alright. According to the report there have been reports of a demon targeting an entire Village near the Yamanashi prefecture. A total of 57 people were hunted in the past month. There are only specific spots where the people have been hunted. Though there is no information whether it is a group or a single demon.' Shinobu explained whatever she understood from the report.

'If it is a single demon killing all of these people then there is a high possibility of us facing one of the 12 moons.' Giyuu added.

'That would be correct. You're speaking full sentences today! But on a serious note, even if we face a nest or group, it's equally troublesome.' Shinobu responded.

'Its highly unlikely for demons to team up.' He objected.

'We wouldn't know until we face them, right? Anyways, we should prepare for the mission. I heard that you're going to your village from the same route.' Shinobu asked, trying to start a conversation.

'I will, you don't have to come all over there.' His face dropped.

'I took some information on the place and it is quite rich in medicinal herbs. I am looking for a certain plant, if I get it then I'll be able to finish a poison I want. It's near the mountain side, right?'

'I suppose so. What is your motive, Kocho?' Giyuu inquired.

'I will join you in your journey to your village.' Shinobu smiled, leaning back on her chair with a sigh.

'That will not be necessary. I will get your plants if you want.' Giyuu deadpanned.

'Oh? Then can you get me a bunch of Asclepias curassavica?' Shinobu smirked more and more as the expression of confusion spread even more on Giyuu's face.

'What?'

Shinobu's face completely changed and broke into pure laughter. Her cackling soon slowed to chuckles as small tears formed near her eyes.

This was probably the first time Giyuu had actually seen Shinobu laugh so genuinely.

'I'm so sorry *laugh* the look on your face *laugh*' Shinobu wiped a tear from her eye.

'Your food is here.' The waitress quietly placed a bowl of salmon daikon and miso ramen.

Shinobu calmly took her bowl while on the other hand Giyuu snatched his bowl as fast as he could. Before Shinobu could complete her prayer, the food was already in Giyuu's mouth. She simply smiled at his childish behavior.

These were the only times he actually expressed some emotions in contrast to his closed, introverted nature.

By the time they were done with their food, Shinobu was planning to start a conversation with Giyuu but she was interrupted by a familiar face coming up to her.

'Caw! Caw!' Her crow, En screeched.

It seemed that En did not want to scare the other people by its human-like talking.