Ch - 9 ° Bitter Dreams

Important Notice!

I changed the name of Chiyo Hayashi to Saki Kudo because Chiyo Hayashi sounds a little too common for a name and I'm pretty there are many people of the same name. Akira's name will be changed to Sumire Kudo as well.

This is just to clear any confusion afterwards.

_________________

Shinobu laid by the support of a tree, while she looked for any demon as Giyuu slept. It was pretty late at night and they had already switched turns once. It was time for Shinobu to keep watch.

She turned to look at Giyuu. He was quite the light sleeper but he seemed a lot more relaxed when not conscious.

__________________

The time was ticking.

He was going to the same village.

He was going to visit the same damned grave.

"How could he kill his own sister!"

"He should be in prison!"

"Take him to a doctor!"

"May God never curse a woman with such a brother!"

.....

"I didn't do anything right, Tsutako ne-san?"

There was no reply. There only stood a bloodied woman holding her wedding dress covered in her own blood.

"Don't call me your sister! No brother would let this happen!" Her face showed pure disgust.

"Murderer!" The villagers shouted together as the little boy fell to the ground.

"He should not be spared!"

"We should stay away! He's a bad omen to us!"

The same words repeated again and again as if they were specifically replayed to torture him with guilt.

_______________

Giyuu's face twitched as his head frantically moved in different directions. Noticing the sudden change, Shinobu's attention shifted on to him.

"I didn't mean to" He slowly mumbled.

"Tomioka-san?" Shinobu slowly tapped his shoulder.

"I'm very sorry."

"Tomioka-san, wake up."

"I don't want to go there."

"Tomioka-san!" She shaked his body a little violently.

His eyes jolted open, his head jerking upwards. He tried to catch his breath while wiping the sweat off his face.

"Are you alright, Tomioka-san?" Shinobu slowly asked, worried.

Noticing Shinobu by his side, he immediately turned calm, not wanting to seem distressed.