Ch - 7 ° New Ties

Stunned by the Serpent Hashira's boldness, Shinobu couldn't utter a word.

''It would be a natural reaction for us to become flustered in such situations, don't you think, Iguro?" Giyuu joined the conversation, completely unfazed by his previous comment.

"Oh my! What happened to Shinobu-san?" Mitsuri crashed in as well, returning from the counter.

While the three were discussing, Shinobu had completely zoned out.

'Why was I even flustered? I don't even feel angry about this. There is no chance I would like him. We aren't even good friends! As far as I know, the poison doesn't cause any hormonal or emotional imbalance. What the hell am I even thinking? Are my hands shaking? Am I nervous?' Shinobu tried consoling herself by her ridiculous excuses.

''Kochou!" Giyuu snapped his fingers in front of her face.

''Oh! I just spaced out.'' Shinobu snapped out of her ridiculous thoughts.

"Are you sure you're not sick? You've been red all day and zoning out? Do you have a fever?" Giyuu inquired with a genuinely concerned look.

"I'm fine!" Shinobu smiled brightly.

Mitsuri could understand all of this but she acted all oblivious like an innocent child. Behind her cheerful smile, she was blasting in rage watching the two dense heads confidently flirt.

''Table 7! Table 7" The waiter at the counter called out.

"Our food is here! I'll get it.'' Shinobu hurriedly walked towards the counter.

________________

''I was quite surprised when I got to know that Uzui-san has three wives! It's actually wholesome how he loves all of them equally!" Mitsuri chatted while stuffing the food in her mouth.

''They are actually quite sweet, y'know. Especially Suma-san. I'm sure you two would get along very well.'' Shinobu added.

''Caw! Caw!'' The crow screeched and flew inside.

''En, please lower your voice. You will scare the people.'' Shinobu petted her crow.

''Kyojuro Rengoku has sustained critical injuries against Lowermoon 3 and 4! Kyojuro Ren-'' The crow was interrupted by everyone's shocked gasps.

''Rengoku-san?!'' Mitsuri stood up in disbelief, her eyes widening more and more every second while processing the words repeated by the crow.

'I'm very sorry but I have to leave immediately.' Shinobu put down her chopsticks and sprinted outside, followed by the other three Hashiras.

'Please manage for now Aoi.' Shinobu fastened her pace.

'Hold on! Rengoku-san! We are coming! We all know you are strong!' Mitsuri smiled as she tried to calm herself.

'Stay strong till we arrive, Kyojuro. You aren't weak.' Iguro kept a completely normal expression.

'Shinobu and the others can handle him. He can definitely manage to survive this.' Giyuu followed them while beside Iguro.

It didn't take them longer than 5 minutes to reach the Butterfly Estate. They were escorted by the worried little triplets.

Shinobu burst open the door and ran inside, while Naho called out to the other two who informed Aoi about Shinobu and the others' arrival.

'Shinobu-sama! Here!' Aoi shouted from the other side of the ward.

'What is the condition?' Shinobu inquired in complete hurry.