Missing gold and thunderstorms.

So there's a moment in every kids life when you feel like anything's possible. When you feel like you've got the total mojo. You could, I don't know, free-climb El Captain, land on Mars, or, uh...get elected president. The whole worlds there for the raking if you've got the sack to go for it. And then, when you least expect it, some Kook shows up and tells you there's no eternal mystery. And then all that talk about free-climbing and mars and the president...bullshit. Magic gets cancer and dies.

John B: *sighs* it's not there. Look, just— just pull the drone up. Shit.

*thunder continues to rumble but is getting further away so I calmed down.*

Pope: Look, we can do another pass. Recharge the battery. We can— we can go back down.

JJ: guys, we've been through it three times. There's nothing there.

Kie: shut up!

JJ: what? It's true!

Kie: the gold could be buried. We don't know.

Evie: if it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, okay? Somebody beat us to it.

JJ: or it was never there.

*I give JJ the stank eye and shake my head.*

*John B drops everyone off at there houses and then goes back home. I asked John B to drop me off with JJ and he did.

—————————————the street.
*JJ and I were walking around talking and opening up about eachother as we eat out ice cream.*

JJ: what's your biggest fear?

Evie: losing you or John B. I would be all alone, yea I would have Kie and Pope but they don't understand me like you guys do. What about you?

JJ: someday finding my mom, I don't know I would say to her or do if I saw her. I mean she left when I was 8 years old with my dad and he fell into addiction and now he's...I just wouldn't know what to do...

Evie: I get that. I don't know what I would do if I saw my mom either. I barely knew her.

JJ: anyways enough with the depressing mommy issues, what do you want for your birthday next week? Sweet sixteen is a special birthday.

Evie: too meet my knight in shining armor. For my dad to be okay somewhere and finding the gold.

JJ: check, hopefully check and soon to be check.

Evie: I've met my knight in shining armor? Who exactly is that?

*he was about to answer when a police car pulls up next to us, they get out and grab me as I see John B in the backseat.*

Evie: what are you doing? What's going on?

JJ: hey! Let go of her!

Officer Thomas: her and John B are getting put into foster care.

JJ: Wha-what? No you can't take her away! Please!

OT: you can call her later.

Evie: J?

JJ: Stop! Wait! Please!

————————————in the cop car.
*John B was playing with a picture of our dad and it flew out the window. He slightly smirks at me and I understand what he's doing.*

John B: No, stop, stop, stop. Please stop! My picture! It's the last picture of my dad. Please.

OT: not gonna happen, kid.