Chapter 2: The Dream

Somewhere in the dark forest...

Kikyo had watched over them this whole time. She couldn't care less about their new so-called companion who was willing to help them defeat Naraku and collect the shards. Lastly, when she saw Inuyasha was with Kagome, she was furious. Of course, she was jealous of her reincarnation who would make Inuyasha happier.

He'd said he'd protect her! That bastard wasn't even trying to protect her from Naraku any longer. He was trying to get into that little her hakama now. She'd have to stop him before he did! She didn't need him to mate with her reincarnation… her plan would be ruined.

Kikyo hasn't changed a bit. She wasn't the same person as before. Not only do we know the old Kikyo from fifty years ago was gone.

Revenge was what she plotted to get Kagome out of the picture so she could have Inuyasha for herself. Besides all this though she wasn't giving Inuyasha up. Yes, maybe she could have to someone else, but not that little reincarnation of hers. It would only remind her that Inuyasha tossed her away for the woman she had become 550 years later. Well, if you count the time she was dead and the time that Kagome traveled through. Still, it would be like getting a new doll to play with, and that doll looked almost identical to the last one.

She wouldn't let her have him. Not ever. At least not until she died once more.

***

"Damn, we can't find Goku anywhere. He must be hiding somewhere." Inuyasha grunted, worried for the Saiyan.

"You must be frustrated, Inu. Why don't you go home and get some rest?" Kagome suggested before taking him home.

He smiled at her as he was glad he was at her side. "Of course."

And so when the two married couple entered the hut they called home, they ended up lying on the bed getting some rest after changing their clothes into sleeping kimonos. Inuyasha cuddled her close, letting out small whimpers of pleasure.

They were happy together. It was such a good thing to see them finally get married. It had been so frustrating and saddening to watch Kagome chase after her first love only to never catch him. Now though they were married.

I love him so much, Kagome thought as she snuggled into his warmth. Then he gently held off her chin and lifted it so she could see into his eyes. Not understanding what he was doing at first she eyed him curiously. Little did she know, he gave her a sweet kiss.

"I love you, Kagome," Inuyasha started.

"I love you, too, Inuyasha," she responded to her beloved.

"Kagome, I was thinking. I was thinking of starting a family." Inuyasha said quietly. Her eyes lit up encouraging him to continue, "I want to have children with you."

Kagome frowned before saying, "Inuyasha, I'm not ready yet."

"Then I'll wait until you are," Inuyasha whispered pressing his nose into her hair. He felt her nod and smiled. She would belong to him but he would give her time to come to terms with the new change.

"And I will tell you when I'm ready to start a family," Kagome yawned tiredly. She smiled up at her beloved and closed her eyes, falling asleep as she entered the dream.

Dream

Snowflakes. It was falling from the sky. However, she found herself standing in the dark street with dim lights. She realized she must have returned to the modern era. It looks like it was a holiday just now. It can't be... It felt realistic, but it was just a dream. She was dreaming of one day coming back home to see her family and her three best friends. She had been there for too long. The modern era was her true home, but the feudal era was her new home.

One day, lips pressed against lips, hands wrapped around the upper back, and embrace would never last long. Kagome figured it was Inuyasha who was kissing her in her fantasy world. Their lips separated as their gazes locked at each other.

"I love you, Kagome."

She smiled happily, "I love you, too, Go--"

Dream ends

Kagome jolted up awakened from the dream she had. She had cold sweat on her forehead. She panted heavily as her eyes widened. She looked over her side and saw Inuyasha was asleep. Thank God, he didn't awaken by her movement. If she did wake him up, he would give her a judgmental look.

As she looked around, she was confused at why she called someone else's name instead of Inuyasha's name. Couldn't be she was thinking of someone else instead? Was she thinking of...?

Goku, why am I thinking of you at a time like this? Where are you? Kagome thought, revealing she secretly had thoughts of Goku.

She admitted she liked Goku like a friend, but something didn't seem right. Love? No, it can't be. She is already married to Inuyasha and nothing has changed that. Something in her heart tells her. She is worried about Goku after an incident with Piccolo. Now she was focusing on Goku that she needed to find him immediately instead of just fantasizing about her love life with Inuyasha. Her only hope. That was all she ever cared about.