Chapter 6: Teaching Inuyasha A Lesson

Kagome awakened to feel warmth wrapped around her as the sun began to rise in the sky and peaked through the window of the Capsule House's room that she and Goku shared.

Her eyes fluttered as she opened her eyes and held her breath when she found herself lying on top of Goku and saw his sleeping form in front of her. Her face blushed heavily as she noticed he was holding her close to his strong, built chest. He was sleeping peacefully as she continued to stare at him. She had to admit that he looked quite handsome when he was sleeping, even way more handsome than Inuyasha. Well, she didn't want to compare him to Inuyasha, but she admired how handsome he was.

It was then he groaned quietly as she watched him open his eyes, and his onyx was gazing at her.

Her eyes widened, still blushing heavily. She was embarrassed staring at him like him. "H-Hi..."

"Good morning, Kags," Goku greeted with a grin. "How did you sleep?"

She smiled at him, ignoring her awkwardness. "I slept well. Thank you for keeping me company."

"I'm glad I would do that for you," Goku said, blushing softly.

Then she slowly got off of him and got off of the bed. Little did she know, she found Piccolo and Gohan weren't there in the bedroom. She figured they had awakened and saw them cuddling with each other. Maybe they thought they would let them sleep in.

"We should head to the villages. The others wondered where we were at." Kagome said.

"I began to feel the same way," Goku breathed out.

"Well, once again, thank you for keeping again," Kagome said before leaving the Capsule House.

"Again, you're welcome," Goku said, blushing softly.

***

When she left the Capsule House, she was heading her way to the Edo Village and the next thing she must do is to confront Inuyasha about why he would betray her. When she was almost there, she suddenly was being approached by Kikyo and her soul collectors.

"And where do you think you're going my reincarnation?" Kikyo asked.

She glared at her. "It's none of your business, Kikyo. If you want something to say, then I have no interest in talking to you. If you excuse me, I'm heading back."

She had a feeling that something bad was about to happen. Kikyo stared at Kagome coldly as she blocked her way.

"I'm afraid you're not going anywhere. At least not with my soul." Kikyo said in a menacing tone. Her eyes flicked behind Kagome, letting her know someone was behind her.

Kagome was confused but she knew what she meant. She quickly ducked, barely avoiding Inuyasha's claws as he swiped at her. She fell forward landing heavily on the ground. She looked up just in time to see Inuyasha bringing his sharp claws down across her back. Kagome only grunted in pain.

"Inuyasha, how could you?" Kagome asked as she scooted away from him, "I thought you loved me..." She added with tears in her eyes. Inuyasha's eyes glinted with malice.

"Hn, you honestly thought I would love you? You were nothing more than a copy of Kikyo. And now that your usefulness is up, give Kikyo her soul back!" Inuyasha said.

"Never!" She was able to get to her feet and make a run for the village, but Inuyasha was only playing with her. He took several swings of his claws at her, catching her on the leg, the arm, and across her midsection. Finally, he used his blades of blood to send Kagome flying, hitting her head on the edge of the well, Inuyasha stalked forward.