Chapter 42

A week has already passed quickly, things are going well through the AKUTA base, being aware of any situation. Danny trained several new soldiers, and others were sent on missions, to eliminate any intruders in their area, starting the serious work. Danny had finished her job, walking to her desk and breathing a sigh of relief, sitting down in her chair and sometimes looking at the cameras. Suddenly, her phone vibrates, and an anonymous message appears from someone and is texted.

-"Come tonight at 7:00 a.m. to the center's park."

Danny raised an eyebrow, looking at the message on her phone and asking questions in her mind, somehow feeling a strange sensation. It's someone she know anyway. It's weird. Then she swallows dryly, taking the phone in her hand, typing.

- Who are you?

- "This doesn't concern you, You know me anyway."

Danny scoffs, closing her phone and putting on her desk, thinking. Who the hell it can be? But she must be prepared in case of danger.

Danny arrives in Central Park, walking, the moonlight making light in the driveway. Cold air enters through her nostrils, feeling her lungs oxygenated and the cold wind blowing gently through her hair. She was dressed in a black hoodie, ripped blue jeans and plain sneakers, in her pocket holding a gun, hooding over her head and looking around for danger. She walks slowly, looking around and noticing that there is no one else, feeling that she has come here in vain, but whatever it is, a danger could arise at any time, measuring any step of hers.

As long as she walks, somehow she feels like she's being watched. She turns suddenly, looking behind her and seeing no one, and then turns around, squeezes the fabric of her hoodie a little into her fist, her heart beating fast. Suddenly, her gaze turned to a tall figure, darkness covered his face because of his hood, then he spoke in a deep voice.

- Looks like you've come eventually, Danny.

North spoke, taking off his hood, his black eyes looking deep in hers, breathing deep and having his hand in his pockets, as he takes steps in front of her, scanning her again. Danny gulps, crossing her arms and looks at him, raising her eyebrows.

- North? What do you want this time? Another mission of yours?

North scoffs amused, looking down at her legs, breathing deep.

- Look.. I don't have time for your bad conclusions, at least I wasn't part of a mission where I got to have to fuck with my enemy. You know?

Danny widens her eyes a bit, feeling a bit surprised.

- What?

- Did you think I didn't find out? Dämon just told me, he said he didn't know what the hell happened either, but now he doesn't even know if he's safe. I don't even know what job you two had to do with a mission, when I know very well that he couldn't stand you even if he had to.

Danny close her eyes, breathing deep.

- You listen here, he helped me and I helped him, I helped him on a mission and after that I wanted to test his thinking, by not wanting to give him the stick , just to see what he was doing, but things took a turn. The drink kind of took him away and yes...