Chapter One; Meet My Nephews

Sky was woken up with a brutal jolt from a knock at the door of the little bungalow she was currently calling home. She rolled over and looked at her clock; 5:30 am. Great. Who could be knocking at this time? 

She looked over and saw that Owen, her best friend and the person who resided in the bungalow as well, was sound asleep, mouth parted and slightly snoring. It was nearly impossible to wake him so it was no surprise he managed to sleep through the shrewd knocking. She rolled her eyes and threw the blanket off of herself, fixing her hair and shirt in the mirror before she walked over and unlocked the door, swinging it open forcefully and seeing the one and only Claire Dearing.

Sky rolled her eyes and slouched, "What do you want Claire? It's five-thirty, I don't have time to work now. My sleeping is brain," Sky mumbled sleepily, hearing the cracking of her bones as she stretched her limbs in order to seem less dead.

Claire raised an eyebrow, "You mean your brain is sleeping?" She let out a small laugh, while Sky sighed and shrugged, "Anyways, Sky, I want you to come and meet some people this morning," she asked with a small awkward smile.

Sky sighed and rolled her eyes, slouching against the frame of the doorway, "Claire, if you're taking me to meet another person who wants to take the raptors and use them as military weapons, I won't hesitate to bring a gun." Claire's eyes widened and Sky raised an eyebrow, stepping outside and closing the door behind her to ensure that Owen wouldn't wake up, despite the fact that he was still out cold.

"No, no! I want you to meet my nephews, Sky, relax," Claire said with a polite smile, lifting her shoulders a bit to meet Sky's height. Even in heels, Claire was a good inch shorter than Sky.

Sky let out a sigh, "And why do you want me to meet your nephews? You barely even talk about your family, why do I have to meet them?" she asked before letting out a yawn and crossing her arms over her chest, allowing the light breeze from the lake to blow her hair over her shoulder, the warmth waking her up from the cool temperature inside her bungalow.

"Well," Claire began, taking a step closer to Sky, "My oldest nephew is probably your age, and the younger one is really into dinosaurs. I was wondering if you can show them the raptors and how you work with them?" she asked with slight hope in her eyes. Sky sighed for what felt like the twentieth time this morning before turning back to Claire. She was never really good at meeting new people.

"Claire, you mean well, but I'm not going to babysit your nephews. I have a job," she said, running a hand through her hair, pushing it back over her shoulder and looking at her feet before looking back up.

"No, you're not going to babysit them. I just want you to come meet them at around seven this morning, and then I'll get Zara to watch out for them for the remainder of the day. No babysitting, I promise," Claire responded enthusiastically with a big smile, causing Sky to drop her head in defeat.

Sky sighed again, and nodded, "Fine, I'll be there. But why the hell did you come here so damn early? I'm meeting them in like an hour in a half," she opened the door to the bungalow once more, ready to crawl back into her bed and sleep.

"Because you're stubborn. I thought I'd be out here talking to you for an hour before you said yes," Claire gave her a small smirk and Sky walked inside, closing the door loudly without caring if she was going to offend Claire or even wake up Owen, which she did.

"So, an early morning meeting with the devil, huh?" Owen smirked, stretching his arms back. Sky nodded and closed her eyes, plopping back down into the bed and covering herself with the now-cold blankets, "What did she want?"

"She wanted me to meet her nephews, they might come down to see the raptors this afternoon. Don't know why she wants me to meet them beforehand, but she dragged me out of a really good dream," Sky answered harshly, gaining a small chuckle from Owen. She laid back under the blankets and fell asleep once more.