Chapter Eight: Lover Boy

After a few minutes of panicking at Zach's somewhat terrible driving, Sky started to calm down and have a conversation with the brothers.

"So, how do you train a T-Rex? And Velociraptors?" Gray asked, eyes wide and a big grin on his face. Zach raised an eyebrow and looked at her quickly before turning back to the road, edging her on.

"Well, it's all about trust," she began, "When Terry, our T-Rex, was born, I was the only person there, I imprinted on him and therefore he trusts me. Same with the Raptors, Owen and I imprinted on them from when they hatched. It's a relationship, based on mutual respect," Sky said, shaking her head slightly at her repeat of Owen's words to Claire before they went full out debate on their date.

"Awesome, and what do you do with them?" Zach asked, smiling slightly and his eyes fixated on the covered up dirt road ahead that Sky told him would lead back to the park.

"Well, with Terry I work on his interaction. He needs to be completely comfortable with me before another human can go near him. It's been eight years, and we're almost there. It shows you how difficult these animals are," Sky said, "And with the raptors, Owen and I teach them that we are... above them, in a way, and we try to communicate with them. I'm not sure how to explain it, but you should come check it out when this whole mess is over with," Sky finished, before looking back at Gray who had wide eyes and was looking at the review mirror.

Sky's breath caught in her throat before she looked up at the sky and saw the large flying dinosaurs right above them, closer than she's ever seen them.

"Go, go, go!" Gray said, nudging Zach who had wide eyes as he gulped, stomping his foot down on the gas pedal. Sky looked under her seat to where she lodged her gun and picked it up, standing up on the seat and gripping one of the medal bars on the jeep's open roof.

"Sky, what are you doing?! You'll get hurt, get down here!" Zach said, not looking up at her as he was too focused on the road.

Sky rolled her eyes and positioned the gun, "I'm fine, keep driving," She aimed the gun at one of the pterodactyls and shot, an ear piercing boom sounding through the air and the animal spiraling down and crashed into one of the trees.

"I feel awful, I never thought I'd have to kill the animals I love so much," Sky mumbled to herself, but to all the dinosaurs in the park. She positioned her gun again and shot, making another pterodactyl fall into a bush. She couldn't help the guilt that was bubbling inside her, but she knew these animals were going to the park's main center and would do a lot of damage.

"I'm so sorry," She whispered before being pulled down by Zach and Gray. She gave them a glare before turning her attention to what was in front of them. The large cement gates to the park.

"Open the gate!" Zach and Gray started yelling. The guards looked at each other before seeing the mob of dinosaurs behind them and agreeing. Once through, Sky basically shoved Zach onto her seat before getting in the driver's seat, ignoring Zach's questioning looks.

"If they see you driving this car, they'll flip," Sky said, answering Zach's question. 

The three stayed silent until they pulled up right by the park. Sky pulled her gun over her shoulder and parked the car, jumping out with Zach and Gray behind her.

"Stay with me, both of you, okay?" She said, eyeing them seriously. They both nodded and Gray took her hand. She looked down at him and smiled, before giving Zach a reassuring look and dashing off into the frantic crowd of people dodging the flying dinosaurs. Sky had her gun out and started shooting them down. She led Zach and Gray through the people quickly. Suddenly, she was pulled back by Zach who pushed her behind him. Where she was standing, two large dinosaurs swooped down and bit people.

"Thanks, Zach," Sky said exasperated, before walking in front of the two once again, leading the way.

"There you boys are, I was looking everywhere!" A British voice said from behind the trio. All three of them turned around and faced Zara who had her phone in her hand and was also running in high heels. Before Zara could say anything else, a pterodactyl came down and grabbed her between the shoulder blades, before carrying her away. Sky didn't hesitate to aim the dinosaur and shoot, making him drop Zara before another one swooped her and carried her away above the water. Sky ran over and shot that one as well before it dropped Zara into the dark blue waves.

"No..." Sky said quietly as Zara flailed away in the pool. She ran to the edge of the park and looked over the water, Zach and Gray by her side. Zara's movements attracted the Mosasaur. The Mosasaur's large jaws closed around Zara and the pterodactyl and dragged them both under water never to be seen again. Gray grabbed her hand and covered his face in her side as Sky let out a sigh before turning to face the park's frantic crowd, as the pterodactyls continued coming down. 

"I know that was scary, but we got to keep going," Sky said to the two boys before stopping in her tracks as she caught sight of Owen and Claire - who still had her heels on.

"Is that aunt Claire?" Zach asked, looking from Gray to Sky. Sky nodded slightly before Claire went up on her tip toes and kissed Owen, making Sky furrow her eyebrows and cock her head. Owen pulled away and looked over at Sky who was holding hands with Zach and had her arm around Gray.

"Oh my god! Are you two okay? Why didn't you come back? I was so worried!" Claire said frantically, checking up on her nephews. Zach and Gray were busy staring at Owen.

"Who's that?" Zach asked. Claire gave an awkward smile.

"We... work together," She said, looking back at Zach who was nodding slightly, an eyebrow up. 

Sky rolled her eyes and walked over to Owen, who pulled her into a hug. He rested his head on top of Sky's and rubbed her back.

"I don't know whether to call you Alpha or Lover Boy," Sky smirked, pulling away and tapping her finger against Owen's chest, making him roll his eyes.

"Don't mention that again, and definitely Alpha," He smiled, "I'm happy you're okay. How are the two boys?" He asked, nodding his head in the direction of the two nephews with Claire.

"They're alright for two boys who just saw our Mosasaur eat their British guardian and outran a genetically modified hybrid," Sky said, looking from Zach to Owen. Owen nodded and stopped.

"Wait, what?" He cocked his head, looking out to the water.

"Mosasaur ate Zara," Sky said, walking away from Owen to the family trio, "Guys, we gotta go. I have... something I need to do," She said, looking back at Owen who gave her a small nod. Claire nodded and looked back at the boys and grabbed their hands, walking behind Owen who was quickly walking in front to protect them and Sky protecting them from the back. 

"Get in the car, everyone," Owen said, eyeing the large park doors who were going to open soon from the people pushing behind it. Owen got in the drivers seat and Sky in shotgun. Claire was in the back sitting with Zach and Gray. The doors burst open and people started running, making Owen switch the car to reverse and drive backwards, into a small corner where they watched people run. 

"Can we stay with you?" Gray asked quietly, looking between Owen and Sky.

"Oh don't worry, I promise I won't let you leave my sight as long as I-" Claire began, before being cut off by Zach who was pointing between Owen and Sky.

"No, them," He said, making Claire sigh in embarrassment.

"Yeah, definitely them," Gray nodded, making Sky smirk and Owen laugh before he shifted the gear and drove the car in the direction of T-Rex kingdom. 

------------------------

Eeeeeh sorry for the late update... Been real busy. 

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this, please leave feedback. The next part of the story will be up soon and it's Sky working with the T-Rex, so it's not in the movie. 

Thanks for 1K reads!!! :D