Chapter Ten: Bike Ride

Eeep sorry for the late update once again. I'm updating from my phone instead of laptop so it's a little harder haha. Anyways enjoy :)

-------

Sky's POV

Back into the car we got, Owen driving and me in shotgun. Claire and the boys were in the back. I wasn't looking at Owen but I could sense he was fuming by the way his knuckles turned white from gripping the steering wheel so hard. We had just been told Hoskins was trying to use our raptors as weapons and take them out of their paddock to hunt down the Indominus. I was just as pissed as Owen. Sorry Hoskins, you ain't touching my babies.

Owen slammed his foot down on the gas pedal and I gripped the seat belt for security.

The ride was pretty quiet except for the unspoken words of anger that were swimming through my mind. Oh how I wanted to beat Hoskins to a pulp and throw him to Terry. Of course I wouldn't but hey, my imagination has no laws.

We arrived to the paddock and saw military trucks lined around the gate of the cage and Hoskins stood smirking. Before Owen even stopped the car I had untied my seat belt and was opening the door and jumped out. I looked to my left and saw Owen already out and walking by my side. I had my fists clenched and did my best to restrain myself from pouncing on Hoskins. Before I could yell, Owen had punched Hoskins right across the jaw. Ah, perfect. I took this as my chance and lifted my leg, my knee hitting hard where the sun don't shine. He groaned and bent over before Owen and I high-fived each other grinning.

"Hoskins you don't want to do this," Owen began, stepping in front of me and Claire who had just appeared out of no where. How didn't I hear her stupid shoes clicking against the rocks? Ah Claire. Man up.

Back to the topic, "Don't touch my animals," Owen and I said at the same time before we looked at Claire who was a little confused but whatever.

"Hoskins you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch," Claire said through gritted teeth, looking up at Hoskins who had a smirk covering his cocky face.

"This will happen, with or without you," Hoskins said once again, a line I had heard too many times. I rolled my eyes and felt Owen turn around and face me with a look of doubt in his eyes. Uh, no. Boy you better not be agreeing with this plan.

"Sky, maybe..." Owen began before I cut him off.

"No! We aren't doing this!" I shouted, my hands flailing beside me.

"Sky, I don't want to but we may have to," Owen began, staring me in the eyes. Though Owen and I were the closest friends to ever be and we agreed on basically everything, he knew he had the upper hand in situations like this and he would use it against me.

"Fine," I breathed out, sighing, "But If any of them dies it's on you, Owen," I said boldly, not wanting to be so harsh but I wanted to prove a point. I didn't want to do this and he did, so he'll take part responsibility if our raptors die.

"Sky," Owen said, eyes looking down at me in a puppy dog type of way. No Owen. You aren't doing this, no. Can't fool me man. He put his hands around me and pulled me into a hug. Screw you Owen Grady.

"Fine," I caved in. He nodded and pulled back, shooting Hoskins a death glare. Hoskins returned that with a smirk. I just stood there with my arms crossed over my chest staring down the men who were gearing up the raptors.

Hoskins clapped his hands and grinned mischievously, "Right, follow me raptor bunch,"

I lunged towards him but Owen held me back giving me glare. People need to stop glaring at me a pissing me off. It's been a long day, way too long. It doesn't even feel like this morning I was awaken by Claire to go meet her nephews.

I stayed silent for the rest of the walk to Hoskins little planning room. We walked in and were greeted by a couple men in military gear. Calm down folks, we're fighting a genetically modified hybrid and Owen and I have done more than all of you folks and we're dressed in leather jackets and pants. We are not at war, Hoskins stop being a disrespectful jerk. Of course I would keep my harsh thoughts to myself. I looked around and made eye contact with a younger InGen worker who winked at me. Uh no thanks buddy.

Owen and I walked to the table and stood around the screen in the middle. It was a layout of the park. Geez these guys were prepared for a mission which will fail, I can just feel it.

"Okay guys, the hybrid is heading up around this way. We come in from here with the raptors," Owen began pointing to our location on the map, "We have one clear target, gentlemen. Do not shoot our raptors," Owen said looking around. I nodded and Owen and I turned and walked towards where the raptors were being held in bars.

I walked up to Charlie and put my hand on her muzzle, resulting in her letting out a low rumble. I smiled.

"Are they safe?" A small voice asked from behind us. I relaxed a little when I realized it was Gray.

"No," Owen responded walking towards the boys. I looked down and walked over, worry eating me alive as I took a look at the raptors.

"What are their names?" Zach asked looking at the animals.

"Echo, Delta, Charlie and Blue," Owen said pointing to each raptor as he spoke their name, "She's Beta," Owen finished pointing at me.

"Who's alpha?" Gray asked with his eyes filled with admiration.

"You're looking at him, kid," Owen responded cockily. I scoffed before walking back to the raptors.

"WE'RE HEADED OUT!" One of Hoskins men shouted making me and Owen look at each other. We walked quickly over to the motorcycles that were being held for us and Barry who was smiling sadly at us. I looked to my right and saw Zach running up to me. Before I could react I had his hands cupping my cheeks and his lips on mine. After a few rather enjoyable moments of kissing Zach, he pulled away and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Be careful," he whispered. I nodded and he smiled before running off into the back of the truck with Gray.

I turned and saw Owen and Barry smirking at me, making me roll my eyes. I walked over to the motorcycle and positioned myself on it. Owen and Barry did the same. A few minutes later the signal was out to release the raptors and the same boy who fell into the enclosure this morning pressed down on the button and my raptors were loose. I revved my engine and took off behind Owen, Barry on the motorcycle next to me as we rode off into the dark jungles with four raptors alongside us.