Chapter 11; New Alpha In Town

GUYS I'M SO SORRY FOR UPDATING SO LATE OMG. I just moved into a new house. This week has been absolutely crazy. So I'm going to start updating every few days :) 

BTW I'm starting a new story called Under Ground, it's about a zombie apocalypse if you're interested haha ;) 

-----

We took off into the dark jungle, the raptors alongside us. I felt a pang of guilt as I saw Charlie alongside me, her head was wrapped with wire and a camera and she had a determined expression on her face, whatever that looked like for a velociraptor. 

Owen gave me a small nod and a smile before turning back to face the front. Wow, he seriously looked cool. With his perfect face and hair and outfit. Stupid Owen Grady. But I have to remember to ask him about Claire later. Too much romantic information for one day. This morning their little 'date argument' and I caught them kissing - yuck. I shook my head to stay focused on the task at hand, surprised I actually got off topic. 

I noticed the raptors start to slow down slightly and Owen raised a fist, signaling the trucks to slow down.

"They're onto something," Owen said, facing me with a hint of worry written in his features. I nodded and we turned to face the raptors who were standing in a crescent shape around a thick looking bunch of trees. 

I gripped my gun and faced it at the trees. I knew it was a lethal gun, but I did not feel any safer since I knew what this creature was exactly. I guess it was kind of obvious I was nervous as I looked down at my hands gripping the gun and I noticed my fingers had turned white due to the death grip I was giving the weapon. Woops. 

I low rumble came from behind the trees and everyone crouched down behind a large fallen trunk between Owen and Barry. My breath stopped and all the color probably drained from my face as the Indominus pushed her way through the bushes and came visible to us. She let out another low growl as her orange eyes focused their gaze on my raptors. Uh, nuh uh girl. 

Then all hell broke loose, the raptors started chirping towards the Indominus who cocked her head to the side and responded. My heart sunk. No, no, no. This can't be happening! There's no way-

"Something's wrong, they're communicating," Barry stated, looking between Owen and I. 

"I knew why they wouldn't tell us what that thing was made of," Owen mumbled, turning back to face the dinosaur.

"That thing's part raptor," I finished for him, as he nodded his head to confirm my suspicion. This is just peachy. Before any of us could say anything, all five dinosaurs turned to look at us, making my blood run cold. That's it, I'm going to die. Greeeaat. The Indominus let out a loud roar which triggered all of us to snap out of our terrified trance and start firing. So much for 'don't shoot my raptors.' I pulled my gun up against my shoulder and locked eyes with the Indominus before she charged towards us, the raptors a few steps ahead of her. I shot my gun and for a moment everything went in slow motion, the bullet lodged into the Indominus' throat. She let out a shriek and crashed into a tree, giving me time to run. Owen grabbed my hand and pulled me. Things started to quiet down slightly, giving me an extremely uneasy feeling. 

"Watch your six, raptors got a new alpha," Owen said, making hand gestures to the InGen men who were behind us, and honestly I was beyond mad at them. Mad is not even a word to describe how Im feeling. I am absolutely completely enraged. To be honest, I would rather start shooting them then the dinosaurs we're looking at right now. But of course, I couldn't.

I followed behind Owen through the trees, my gun slightly lowered in case something startled me and I accidentally shot Owen. Things had gotten extremely quiet, which is incredibly weird counting as there are five dangerous dinosaurs in the area. Just to my luck - note the sarcasm - Charlie came bursting out of the trees and pranced onto a guy, snapping his head and digging her long claws into his abdomen. Her head snapped up and looked at us and stuck out her hand.

"Charlie, girl," I said slowly, "What are you doing?" She cocked her head to the side and looked at me. Her eyes looking right into mine brought back so many memories of working with her, from when she hatched to when she killed her first rodent, to when she finally listened to Owen and I's commands. She was my little girl and here she stood, seconds away from death. But I couldn't bring myself to shoot her. I shook my head and Owen placed a hand on my back. Before either of us could make another move, a large fireball came charging out of the trees and landed on Charlie, blowing her up in the process. Owen shielded me away from it and I could feel tears gathering in my eyes. I tried helping her, I tried to save her. It wasn't enough. Now, InGen was going to get it. I picked up my gun and shot into the trees, unfortunately missing everything. 

"Sky, you need to calm down. It hurts, I know, but killing InGen isn't our solution," Owen said quietly in my ear, but loud enough so I could hear him over the commotion going on around us and the fire cackling away in front of us, where Charlie stood. Another large fire broke through the woods as the Indominus dodged another fire shot. All this mess, surely someone has lost their lives. This was a horrible idea, Hoskins you  idiotic nitwit, I will slice your throat with my nails. 

"We should leave," Owen said looking around, "Where's Barry?" He asked. My heart sunk once again. Barry. No, not Barry. He's alive, yes, he has to be. I can't lose him either. A loud scream snapped me out of my thoughts as I saw Blue digging into a tree trunk where a man was hiding inside. 

"Blue!" Owen shouted and got onto the motorcycle, revving up the engine to a vibration sound, similar to one of a raptor, and Blue snapped her head up to look at him. Owen hit the gas and took off, Blue not far behind him. Thanks for leaving me here, Owen. Appreciate it.

I ran towards the log and looked inside, and let out a massive sigh of relief and felt my breathing return to normal when I saw an un-harmed Barry laying down catching his breath.

"Barry, you're okay," I sighed, sticking my hand up and pulling him out.

"So are you," He smiled slightly, making me let out a small laugh."SW

"Charlie's dead, Barry, I saw her die," I choked up slightly, taking a deep breath to calm myself at the memory. Barry's head drooped and he closed his eyes, letting out a sigh and taking in the information I just told him. 

"Get on the 'cycle with me, we need to go," I said, taking Barry's hand and leading him towards the motorcycle waiting for me. I jumped on the front and Barry wrapped his hands around my waist. Funny, it was usually the other way around. I laughed slightly and turned the handle, the motorcycle roaring to life. I kicked off the floor and drove off in the direction Owen went in, Barry holding onto me and taking off into the dark jungle once again.