Chapter 13; Death of the Enemy

The song I listened to when writing this chapter which honestly really suited the feeling for this chapter was Dark Times by Ed Sheeran and The Weeknd. Such an amazing song, omg. So if you wanna get in the mood just listen to the song, it's amazing. 

Anyways I really enjoyed writing the last chapter, I hope you guys liked it :) And I just want you guys to know that Sky has some negatives opinions on Claire throughout the book, but it's just the character! I have nothing against the character, but the whole heels thing was kinda odd so I just mention it a few times. No hate to the character :)

------

Claire pulled to a stop in front of of the main building in the park and I jumped out the back, followed by Zach and Gray. Before I could do anything, Owen pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Thank God you got out alright," He mumbled into my hair. I nodded and pulled back.

"You underestimate me, Alpha," I smirked. Owen shook his head and turned back to the main building, leading us inside. The lights were flickering and paper and plastic littered the floor everywhere. A few blood splatters here and there but to our luck, we didn't see any dead bodies.

Claire stomped ahead of us, her heels clicking against the wet stone pavement and her hair a mess. But, she still had the damn heels on. Like what is the deal with that? We all jogged inside the main building, Owen and I at the back. Once we got inside Claire started leading the way to the lab. The usually filled building was cold and empty and not even the screens were on. It didn't feel like the same building I walked into this morning. We jogged down hallways and up stair cases until we got to the lab, but we were in for a shock when we got inside. Glass was broken, lights were flicking and occasional sparks popping out. 

"They evacuated the lab..." Claire mumbled to herself more than anyone, and she immediately started looking around. I saw Zach and Gray staring at one of the creatures in one of the many glass tanks and Owen and I shared a 'this isn't good' look. Dr Wu is the one who created this dinosaur, and if he was escaping his own creation we can only assume that any other secrets he tried to hide were coming out. InGen had escorted their men out and now, we were just kind of... here. All of us jumped about two feet in the air when a crash was heard from behind us. We all turned around and saw men putting tubes and other sciency stuff into a container. Where the hell did these guys appear from?

"Hey! What are you guys doing?" Claire asked, fist balled up at her side and she took a small step towards them. Chill, Claire, you aren't at all threatening. 

"I'm afraid that's above your pay grade, honey," An annoying voice said from behind me. Nooo, not you again. I turned around and faced the obnoxious as ever, Hoskins. I could see Owen tense up, his jaw was clenched and so were his fists. Gray went and stood behind Zach. 

"Damn it, I thought you were dead," I shot him a sarcastic smile and raised an eyebrow. 

"Nice to see you too, princess," Hoskins smirked, making me let out a gag. No, literally. Hoskins' smirk faltered and he eyed Claire once again, when she spoke up.

"Where's Henry?" She asked, breath getting heavier. Hoskins took another step towards us.

"Dr Wu works for us now," Hoskins said, giving a small shrug as if the whole situation was pointless to him. Little bastard.

Before anyone could say anything else, Gray came out from behind Zach, "That's not a real dinosaur," he said quietly, a finger pointing to the screen in which it showed a dinosaur pretty similar to the Indominus. I put a hand on Gray's shoulder and he leaned into my side, his hand making it's way to hold mine. If we weren't in such an intense scenario, I literally would have said, 'Awe.'

Hoskins looked at the screen, "No, it ain't, kid," He looked at Gray who's face was partially hidden behind me, "But somebody's gotta make sure that this company has a future. Imagine that one, a fraction of the size, deadly, intelligent, even hide from the most advanced military technology. A living weapon unlike anything we've ever seen. See, millions of years of evolution, what did we learn? Nature is the gift - Oh, shit!" Hoskins was cut off by a loud growl and the sound of glass breaking and Echo came barging into the room. I pushed Zach and Gray behind me - though Zach was bigger - and Owen pushed us all behind him. Though, Echo didn't seem to be focused on us as her deadly glare lingered on Hoskins. My heart rate sped up and a small amount of goosebumps formed on my skin.

"Easy, easy boy," Hoskins said, backing up into the wall and being cornered by Echo. Stupid Hoskins, she's a girl. He stuck out his hand to make gentle contact with her, kind of like how Owen and I did when we were in the cage with them this morning. Owen and I watched with our heads cocked to the side to see how she was going to react with Hoskins approaching her the way we did - but of course we were better, "Easy, we're on the same side, right?" Echo cocked her head to the side and I could see Hoskins cowering down. Owen put his arm in front of me and we shared a worried look. If Hoskins was able to get Echo to listen, then everything will go down in the dumps. Of course, that has already happened, but we can't have him using them for another failed mission. But, that thought soon went away as Echo approached Hoskins and clamped her teeth down onto his arm and Hoskins let out a cry of pain. We took this as our chance to run out. I shoved Zach and Gray towards the exit as well as Claire, and Owen and I were right behind them. Before we left, I saw Echo dig her teeth into Hoskins' torso and the man who annoyed me more than anything in the world was laying lifeless in a pool of his own blood. I gulped down the shallow guilt I felt and ran as fast as I could, grabbing Gray's hand and helping him as he was the smallest and slowest. We got back into the main hall and I pushed the button to make the dinosaur hologram appear, hoping to trick Echo into believing it was real. Lucky for me, she did and she stood in front of it, chirping away. We ran outside and were greeted by a light drizzle and cool air. Zach grabbed my hand and pulled me to a halt as Blue jumped right in front of us. From behind us, Echo burst through the doors and let our a roar to match Blue. Echo stepped right up to me and hissed in my face. And from behind us once again, Delta made her appearance letting out a chirp. I pushed Gray behind me once more but didn't let go of Zach's hand.

All three raptors were crouched down in a hunting position, with their tails waving around in the air and small arms brought close to their chests. 

"That's how it is, huh?" Owen spoke up, facing Blue. Claire's head was flicking back and forth along with Gray and Zach, but I was busy making eye contact with Delta. Blue approached Owen and growled, making him furrow his eyebrows. Owen turned and gave me a look when he was deposing his gun, making me do the same, to show them we didn't mean harm. I let out a sigh and took my hand out of Zach's, putting my gun down and approaching Delta and I saw Owen do the same. Owen brought his hand up in the way that we did before, and Hoskins did earlier, and gave Blue a small nod. I did the same with Delta, whispering 'it's okay,' 

I brought my hand up to the small camera that was latched around her head, "Easy, girl, it's alright," My finger traced lightly up her muzzle before coming in contact with the leather band. I ran my finger over it before pressing down on the button, hearing it click before it loosened up and fell to the ground. Her orange eyes flashed with relief and she approached me slightly but I didn't back away. I turned and saw that Owen had done the same and we shared a small smile before I turned back to Delta. Zach grabbed my hand once he saw I was alright and pulled me into his side, and I have Owen a small smile.

"It doesn't feel right with only three," I said to him, and he gave me a small nod and looked at the ground, thinking back to this morning with all four girls. I was thinking about the same, and a little chuckle escaped my lips, making Claire look at me like I was crazy. Excuse me, I'm not the one wearing heels. 

We were all cut off from out little relief moment when we heard a low rumble in the trees ahead of us and a few branch snaps, and the ground started to rumble. Before we could move, the Indominus had popped out of the trees and was glaring us dead on. Battle time starts now.